How to make software GUIs invisible - unattended install

SIMurq

I've made two scripts - 1) Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (v8.0.506); 2) WinAMP 5.541.2189. I'm trying to make the whole install process silent for unattended install of Windows XP but no avail yet - the GUIs are still visible! :) The problem is I use RunOnceEx method for application installs (which initiates at first logon of Windows XP after setup is finished) and when Windows setup starts (after logon), both RunOnceEx GUI and the GUI of my applications being installed using AutoIt scripts show at the same time...

I've tried to use @SW_HIDE both with "Run" and "ShellExecute" (since Kaspersky is an MSI installer) and in different combinations but it doesn't help either. Any suggestion would be great!

Thank you very much!

Edited by SIMurq

Have you tried moving the GUI offscreen?

I've made two scripts - 1) Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (v8.0.506); 2) WinAMP 5.541.2189. I'm trying to make the whole install process silent for unattended install of Windows XP but no avail yet - the GUIs are still visible! :) The problem is I use RunOnceEx method for application installs (which initiates at first logon of Windows XP after setup is finished) and when Windows setup starts (after logon), both RunOnceEx GUI and the GUI of my applications being installed using AutoIt scripts show at the same time...

I've tried to use @SW_HIDE both with "Run" and "ShellExecute" (since Kaspersky is an MSI installer) and in different combinations but it doesn't help either. Any suggestion would be great!

Thank you very much!

@SIMurg

You say that apps are scripted in autoit ?

You can run it parameters you want, example :

your script

If StringInStr($CmdRaw[0], "/silent") Then ;i dont remember if its $CmdLineRaw[0] or not...
;your silent option
EndIfoÝ÷ Ù§r^jëh×6ShellExecute("yourapp.exe", "/silent")

Cheers, FireFox.

WinSetState("Kaspersky", "", @SW_HIDE)

Did you try that @SW_HIDE? Or only using the Run() command?

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]