Protection Against Giving my tool to other people

Hello guys.

I want to code a protection that protects my Tool (which can be bought) so that my customers cannot give it to friends for free because the tool should only work on THEIR Computer !

This is my idea:

The tool gets :

- Computer Name

- Windows User Name

Then it crypt the settings with md5.

Then i send the customer a tool which generates the md5 string.

They send me the string and i write it in the tool that only the customer with this md5 string can execute it.

How i can make this?

Please help me !

Cu,

Peter

Hello guys.

I want to code a protection that protects my Tool (which can be bought) so that my customers cannot give it to friends for free because the tool should only work on THEIR Computer !

This is my idea:

The tool gets :

- Computer Name

- Windows User Name

Then it crypt the settings with md5.

Then i send the customer a tool which generates the md5 string.

They send me the string and i write it in the tool that only the customer with this md5 string can execute it.

How i can make this?

Please help me !

Cu,

Peter

Hi,

i would do it like this:

1) Get the mac adress of customer pc from customer.

2) Built with customer mac adress and Function _StringEncrypt a key. Sent the key to customer to import in local registry.

3) At startup of your program read the local mac adress, built with Function _StringEncrypt and local mac the key and compare it with the key in localregistry

Just read help _StringEncrypt and you should get enough input.

Good luck

;-))

Stefan

Edited by 99ojo

The mac address is somewhat easy to spoof. I'd use a combination of the first hard disk serial number and something else (maybe username or computername).

Also watermark the files, so that you can find out who leaked/cracked it !

Hi,

you are right. Although I would prefer using SID of computer and / or Username instead of real name. This should it make more safe.

;-))

Stefan

Can you give me an Example?

the best system i think is a tcp server with a username and password database

u can use a login for the program it connects and sends the username and password

and IF the login is good then u send Connected and they may use your program

(a nice addon for this is that u can add Versions to it when the user have a old version of ur software they download a new one i have that working )

a TCP system liek this is allmost not bypassable... so that works the best for u i think

and yes i can give u an example

Edited by yucatan

Start making something using _StringEncrypt and DriveGetSerial

EDIT: Lol at the advice about setting up an authenticating server. Way to go overboard ! Besides it's not difficult to crack that as well.

ok try to crack mine tcp ip auth server :) i dont believe u will sucseed

I won't crack your server, I will crack the program check !

pwned :)

ok then :) show it sometime then i dont have any server running atm but i am tonigh i send u my .exe and u may do your thing okee ?

i just wanne know if thats posseble what u say

Warning - Discussions of cracking software can result in being banned from the forum by a Moderator. DO NOT suggest it, beat around the bush on the subject, nada, nothing. If you are wanting to secure your program, that is fine. Challenging someone to try to break into it is NOT FINE. Arguing about it to the forum Moderators is not a good idea either. A Moderator will quickly silence you if you think otherwise. You are more than welcome to review the BAN thread to see how others have fared when trying to go down this road.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33797

Edited by Volly

to secure your script, you could look at this:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry222095

volly i respect the autoit rules and i respect that u watch what all the crazy guys are doing here i was just wandering if it is posseble what this guy is saying if it is ? then my script it just not protected enough why is it a problem to let him test that ?

or is even that not allowd ?

Greetz Yucatan:)