detect the text when mouse click something

hi , i am trying to get th text when mouse click on something and put that text into a list box or an inputbox , anyone know how to do that , i need to do it in few lines not a big script, i try to find something ,a UDf which reads the text when mouse clikc on that particular text but i couldnt find an easy way , i think theres no uDF like moseget click like something which can easily detect the text i click on ....anyone knows how this can be done i know this is easy to do , i need a simple example ....just one , or maybe you can tell me where i can find such an example i will be more than happy to read it ....

Edited by deathday

hi , i am trying to get th text when mouse click on something and put that text into a list box or an inputbox , anyone know how to do that , i need to do it in few lines not a big script, i try to find something ,a UDf which reads the text when mouse clikc on that particular text but i couldnt find an easy way , i think theres no uDF like moseget click like something which can easily detect the text i click on ....anyone knows how this can be done i know this is easy to do , i need a simple example ....just one , or maybe you can tell me where i can find such an example i will be more than happy to read it ....

It is not as simple as you imagine. What form is the text in? A web form? A GUI control? An app window?

A mouse click returns an X/Y coordinate of a single pixel. It is not obvious how you translate that X/Y coordinate into a selection of some text. How it's done (IF it can be done) depends greatly on what you are doing.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

First of all thanks for replying , no i am not trying to get from a wb page , i am trying to get text on an application

Examine the area containing the text with AU3Info.exe and see if it is a recognized control with readable text. Post the results from the Summary tab if you need help interpreting it.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

ok , i will explain it to u , i think you didnt understand my question Bcaz of my bad english, what i am saying is , when u double click on a text ,ok lets say a nem it would be much easier , lets say theres many people names on a list bocx , when you double click a name i want to copy that naem and put it into another listbox , For Example theres these naems on the list box

John

mike

jenny

when i double click on mike i want it the naem to be copied and past it on to another listbox , i think its easy to do , but i am missing something ..i hope you understand what i wnat this time.... :)

ok , i will explain it to u , i think you didnt understand my question Bcaz of my bad english, what i am saying is , when u double click on a text ,ok lets say a nem it would be much easier , lets say theres many people names on a list bocx , when you double click a name i want to copy that naem and put it into another listbox , For Example theres these naems on the list box

John

mike

jenny

when i double click on mike i want it the naem to be copied and past it on to another listbox , i think its easy to do , but i am missing something ..i hope you understand what i wnat this time.... :)

If the ListBox you are talking about is recognized by the Window Info Tool (AU3Info.exe) then that would be a trivial task. If it is instead drawn as a custom control by the app (like flash controls) you still might be out of luck.

So, back to what I posted last time: Examine the area containing the text with AU3Info.exe and see if it is a recognized control with readable text. Post the results from the Summary tab if you need help interpreting it.

Did you do that? What were the results?

fmen, look i have laready mentioned that i am not trying to read a text from a web page , and the example you have given is not what i wnat , i think you havent red what i wrote above , what i am trying to do is read a name when its clicked by mouse ,like double clicking it , as soon as its double clicked i wnat that name to appear in another listbox ,

psaltyDs, ok i will try to do what you have told me , and i will try to post the snapshot as well.. so you can have a better idea.. thanks for replying me and talking your precious time to read my post , thanks.