Is it possible to change the AUTOIT parameter to another one?

jedliu

I would like to change the AUTOIT parameter to another one,

caz I don't want the people to see the parameter from the task manager when run this script.

shall the param of "/AutoIt3ExecuteScript" to be changed?

Don't want them to notice it is "AutoIt" script. :)

first of all, I came up an idea to recompile the AUTOIT exe file.

I downloaded the AUTOIT script autoit-v3.1.0-src.exe,

But I couldn't find the words in these files.

Is it possible?

Any one can help me? Thanks so much!

Edited by jedliu

I would like to change the AUTOIT parameter to another one,

caz I don't want the people to see the parameter from the task manager when run this script.

shall the param of "/AutoIt3ExecuteScript" to be changed?

Don't want them to notice it is "AutoIt" script. :)

first of all, I came up an idea to recompile the AUTOIT exe file.

I downloaded the AUTOIT script autoit-v3.1.0-src.exe,

Is it possible?

Any one can help me? Thanks so much!

I think I found your problem, no wonder you had trouble finding these words in these files it is quite obvious and ill be glad to help you.

I am no artist but I think I did a good job of narrowing it down :)

Posted Image

Edited by LithiumLi

I like your attitude!

Next time be smart... It's "You are here" or "You're here" not "Your here"...

This is the internet I am not applying for a job!

I been up for 24 hours and if you don't like it than why bother posting, I didn't say I have perfect spelling I just was stating that it was posted in the wrong section my spelling shouldn't be a concern anyways.

If you would like to defend someone who isn't smart enough to click the right section, than by all means go ahead but what are they learning?

Posted Image

Edited by LithiumLi

Apart from wrong section issue...

You can do almost what ever you want with AutoIt executables. They are very transparent on level that interest you. I can post some code but it would involve altering executables in a way that could maybe breake rights granted by licence (very likely not but I'm not expert).

All in all - it's possible.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

I think I found your problem, no wonder you had trouble finding these words in these files it is quite obvious and ill be glad to help you.

I am no artist but I think I did a good job of narrowing it down :)

Posted Image

Oh, excuse me for the wrong post place.

Thanks for moving this post to General Help and Support.

I am really appreciated of this action. Thanks.

Apart from wrong section issue...

You can do almost what ever you want with AutoIt executables. They are very transparent on level that interest you. I can post some code but it would involve altering executables in a way that could maybe breake rights granted by licence (very likely not but I'm not expert).

All in all - it's possible.

@trancexx

Thanks for your reply.

I agree with you that AutoIt is really powerful. I am not sure change the AUTOIT parameter will break rights granted by license.

(I am not expert at all)

But if it won't, i hope some one can help me to make this idea to be fulfilled. Thanks.

@trancexx

Thanks for your reply.

I agree with you that AutoIt is really powerful. I am not sure change the AUTOIT parameter will break rights granted by license.

(I am not expert at all)

But if it won't, i hope some one can help me to make this idea to be fulfilled. Thanks.

I didn't say it's powerful. I said transparent.

As for modification, ask someone if that's allowed and if it is - no problem.

Btw, I think it's mighty.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

I didn't say it's powerful. I said transparent.

As for modification, ask someone if that's allowed and if it is - no problem.

Btw, I think it's mighty.

wow, I couldn't know whom I can ask for the permission.

And if it is allowed, I don't know how to make it either. Any suggestions or advices? Thanks!

• Moderators

jedliu,

Why do you not compile your script? It then runs in TaskManager as the name of your .exe and AutoIt is not mentioned.

If you run it as a script you need to have the AutoIt interpreter somewhere on the computer - which would give a BIG hint that you might be running scripts to anyone with the intelligence to go and look!

As to the legality of what you are thinking of doing - have you read the AutoIt licence? It says (among many other things):

Reverse engineering. You may not reverse engineer or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or compiled scripts that were created with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

To me that reads that any attempt by you to change the internal code is illegal. Do you really want to commit a criminal act? Because that it what it would be - theft of Intellectual Property Rights is regarded as a serious offence in most of the world.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

jedliu,

Why do you not compile your script? It then runs in TaskManager as the name of your .exe and AutoIt is not mentioned.

If you run it as a script you need to have the AutoIt interpreter somewhere on the computer - which would give a BIG hint that you might be running scripts to anyone with the intelligence to go and look!

As to the legality of what you are thinking of doing - have you read the AutoIt licence? It says (among many other things):

Reverse engineering. You may not reverse engineer or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or compiled scripts that were created with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

To me that reads that any attempt by you to change the internal code is illegal. Do you really want to commit a criminal act? Because that it what it would be - theft of Intellectual Property Rights is regarded as a serious offence in most of the world.

M23

Thanks for your reply. First of all, it is compiled exe file. With the /AutoIt3ExecuteScript Parameter, the EXE application can output the error to the cmd line.

I haven't plan this will be illegal. Thanks for all your concerns. I will put this idea on a side. Thanks!