How to list the content of Control Panel -> Add/Remove Program

tony

Hello,

I would like to display the list of items available in Add/Remove program, select an element and decide if remove it or change it.

I have search for a solution in the forum but so far the only suggestion I found was related to run directly the uninstall of a program or go to the registry and read the content from there.

Is there a way to just control the Add/remove program window directly?

This is what I tried but it is not working:

ShellExecute("control.exe", "appwiz.cpl")

ControlListView("Control Panel\Programs and Features", "", "[CLASS:SysListView32]", "SelectAll")

MsgBox(0, "", ControlListView("Control Panel\Programs and Features", "", "[CLASS:SysListView32]", "GetText", 9, 0) )

MsgBox(0, "", ControlListView("Control Panel\Programs and Features", "", "[CLASS:SysListView32]", "FindItem", "Internet", 1) )

MsgBox(0, "", ControlListView("Control Panel\Programs and Features", "", "[CLASS:SysListView32]", "GetSelected", 1) )

I have been playing with the ControlListView but nothing returns.

I tried different combinations of the Control ID, like [CLASS:SysListView32], SysListView32 alone, no succcess.

Any help?

Thanks

tony

All the items are listed in the registry so maybe it's better to retrieve the information from the registry

HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Note on a 64 bit system. That path doesn't list all the items. There is stuff I can't find.

Is there a way to use the control panel or it is just not possible with autoit?