SEND data (strings) over internet

4Ever

Hi.

I'm new in autoit and i need the most possible simple script to resolve following problem:

Let say i have 2 PC's connected to internet and i want communicate between them (chat like).

I want a simple script (NO GUI needed), for server and client computer, something like this:

; set variables for SERVER/CLIENT

$serverip= "72.86.117.248"

$clientip= "72.86.147.148"

$datatosend= "123Test"

; connect to server computer and mantain the connection- script

; send $datatosend variable

Thank you in advance :)

• Moderators

Hi.

I'm new in autoit and i need the most possible simple script to resolve following problem:

Let say i have 2 PC's connected to internet and i want communicate between them (chat like).

I want a simple script (NO GUI needed), for server and client computer, something like this:

; set variables for SERVER/CLIENT

$serverip= "72.86.117.248"

$clientip= "72.86.147.148"

$datatosend= "123Test"

; connect to server computer and mantain the connection- script

; send $datatosend variable

Thank you in advance :)

I sincerely hope you're asking for someone to do it for you. If that's the case, you need the pay for work type forum, not the we will help you help yourself type like we are.

This is me helping you help yourself:

Search for TCP using AutoIts forum search feature

Edit:

This is also me checking your posting history, and seeing that you've asked the same question before:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...sult_type=posts

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone make a custom application project (NO GUI), for data communication over internet using clipboard as input/output interface?

1.) The compiled project will allow minimum 8 connections (clients).

2.) The compiled project will be without any graphical user interface or a maximum 70x15 logo rectangle GUI.

3.) The project will start clipboard monitoring every 100 miliseconds and send to clipboard what receive from server/clients.

4.) When in clipboard exists “cmdStartServer”, the program will start tcp/ip server.

5.) When in clipboard exists “cmdStopServer”, the program will stop tcp/ip server.

6.) When in clipboard exists “cmdSetUserName#Tom”, the program will set user name as "Tom".

(if no username is set, get the user ip as username)

7.) When in clipboard exists “cmdSendTo97.72.135.119#Hello Tom”, the program will send "Hello Tom" to clipboard of pc-user ip 97.72.135.119

8.) When in clipboard exists “cmdSendToAll#Hello to all users!”,

the program will send "Hello to all users!" to all users connected.

9.) When in clipboard exists “cmdBlock97.72.135.119", the server is running, and the user is connected,

the program will Kick out user with ip "97.72.135.119" (temporary ip ban).

10.) When in clipboard exists “cmdAllow97.72.135.119" and the server is running,

the program will allow user with ip "97.72.135.119" to connect.

11.) When in clipboard exists “cmdCheck97.72.135.119" and the server is running,

the program will check if user with ip "97.72.135.119" is connected, and will send to clipboard

"97.72.135.119connected" or "97.72.135.119offline"

12.) When in clipboard exists “ConnectTo97.72.155.219”, the program (client), will connect to the server 97.72.155.219

(the ip can be any other ip from internet).

13.) I want the source code, a compiled exe, list of commands, descriptions and other info about using it, limits, etc

14.) The project application must be working with no problems/bugs.

15.) The project can be made in any programing language, but the resulted working application extension must be *.exe, preferably with no additional files needed.

16.) Feel free to modify the name/rules/delimiter char of input commands.

List of commands:

cmdStartServer

cmdStopServer

ConnectTo

cmdSetUserName

cmdSendTo

cmdSendToAll

cmdBlock

cmdAllow

cmdCheck

I want the source code, a compiled exe, list of commands, descriptions and other info about using it, limits, etc

Note that: i do NOT post, redistribute or resell the code you give me, and you can also sell to others interested,

so i give the ideea to you for free. I will embedd the resulted exe in my own multiplayer games and applications.

After i test the project and is working with no problems, i will send you 15Eur by paypal in your account. ( i do not have more in my paypal account)

If someone is interested, post here

Start this as soon as possible, and preferably finish it by 1 MARCH 2009

Edited by 4Ever

• Developers

What are you willing to pay per hour?

15 Euro for the whole project ... you got to be kidding.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

What are you willing to pay per hour?

15 Euro for the whole project ... you got to be kidding.

Yes, 15 Euro for the whole project, is not much money. :)

Is not a very complicated project..

I can do it myself, but i have no time now to learn autoit.

Thank You, SpookMeister

Edited by 4Ever

Yes, 15 Euro for the whole project, is not much money. :)

Is not a very coplicated project..

I can do it myself, but i have no time now to learn autoit.

AutoIt is a fun language =) While I don't have any idea how to do what you're mentioning, I do find it interesting and impressive that AutoIt can perform such tasks, it makes me so glad that I chose it as a language to hobby around with. Now you may be reading this and thinking.. wow he's gone off on a tangent, does he remember the original subject? But that's the thing, I do, and it stops me in my tracks to think that you would not desire to learn how to use this language, it is a very fun and rewarding language, especially when you watch your computer performing tasks that you know, used to require sitting, and not drinking a beer on the other side of the room. xD

AutoIt is a fun language =) While I don't have any idea how to do what you're mentioning, I do find it interesting and impressive that AutoIt can perform such tasks, it makes me so glad that I chose it as a language to hobby around with. Now you may be reading this and thinking.. wow he's gone off on a tangent, does he remember the original subject? But that's the thing, I do, and it stops me in my tracks to think that you would not desire to learn how to use this language, it is a very fun and rewarding language, especially when you watch your computer performing tasks that you know, used to require sitting, and not drinking a beer on the other side of the room. xD

I want to learn autoit, but in time.. now i need the code(app), to use it like a plugin in another programing language (basic like), that i know better, but with no internet/network support.

P.S. Jos & Manadar, think.. if you make this application, you can add a demo-mode with register-function and i can advertise in some places i know, and you can start to sell more and more...... I guarantee to sell at least 10 licenses in one month, if you make a stable-working app. I recommend a 25$-29$ price ( 25x10= 250$ ) it's not worth 3-7 days of working+testing for minimum 250$?

.... i give you the idea, i deserve at least this app for 15 Euro if not for free. :)

Edited by 4Ever

Hey, I thought of a great game. I'll give the entire 60 page design document for it so you won't have to write that yourself. All you need to do is design it, program it, test it, find a publisher for it and finally sell it.

I am sure if you do a good job you will be able to net at least 50 USD per copy and it will sell a few million copies at least. So, I gave you the idea I deserve that game at least for 15 Euro if not for free.

Do you have any idea how dumb that sounds? You want an application made for you: You pay it! You can't get it for free because potentially other people will buy it too.. That's just .. Stupid without limits.

Edited by Manadar

• Moderators

I want to learn autoit, but in time.. now i need the code(app), to use it like a plugin in another programing language (basic like), that i know better, but with no internet/network support.

P.S. Jos & Manadar, think.. if you make this application, you can add a demo-mode with register-function and i can advertise in some places i know, and you can start to sell more and more...... I guarantee to sell at least 10 licenses in one month, if you make a stable-working app. I recommend a 25$-29$ price ( 25x10= 250$ ) it's not worth 3-7 days of working+testing for minimum 250$?

.... i give you the idea, i deserve at least this app for 15 Euro if not for free. :)

Out of curiosity, how many hours do you think it would take someone to write this?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hey, I thought of a great game. I'll give the entire 60 page design document for it so you won't have to write that yourself. All you need to do is design it, program it, test it, find a publisher for it and finally sell it.

I am sure if you do a good job you will be able to net at least 50 USD per copy and it will sell a few million copies at least. So, I gave you the idea I deserve that game at least for 15 Euro if not for free.

Do you have any idea how dumb that sounds? You want an application made for you: You pay it! You can't get it for free because potentially other people will buy it too.. That's just .. Stupid without limits.

OK..

i found 2 persons interested elsewhere to do it for 15$ :)

Edited by 4Ever

• Developers

.... i give you the idea, i deserve at least this app for 15 Euro if not for free. :unsure:

$250 for 3-7 days.. no way.

OK..

i found 2 persons interested elsewhere to do it for 15$ :P

Remember: You get what you pay for... have fun.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)