Simple question, but can't figure it

Champak

#include <winapi.au3>
local $nBytes, $tBuffer_save
$filename = @ScriptDir & '\test1.txt'
$FileSize = FileGetSize($filename)

$hFile = _WinAPI_CreateFile($filename, 2, 2)

$tBuffer = DllStructCreate("byte[" & 1 & "]"); 1 Byte
_WinAPI_SetFilePointer($hFile, $FileSize - 1) ; 1 Byte
_WinAPI_ReadFile($hFile, DllStructGetPtr($tBuffer), 1, $nBytes) ; 1 Byte

$tBuffer_save = asc(BinaryToString(DllStructGetData($tBuffer, 1)))

Switch $tBuffer_save
    case 10
        MsgBox(0,'','Last character of file ' & @crlf & @crlf & $filename & @crlf & @crlf & ' IS a line feed' & @crlf & @crlf & 'ASCII-Code: ' & $tBuffer_save & @crlf & @crlf & 'Char:' & chr($tBuffer_save))
    case Else
        MsgBox(0,'','Last character of file ' & @crlf & @crlf & $filename & @crlf & @crlf & ' is not a line feed.' & @crlf & @crlf & 'ASCII-Code: ' & $tBuffer_save & @crlf & @crlf & 'Char:' & chr($tBuffer_save))
EndSwitch

Detects a line-feed at the end (chr(10)). A windows line break consists of the two characters @crlf, or chr(13)+chr(10). If you want to detect the linebreak, read the two last byte, split the return value and check if first is chr(13) and last is chr(10).

Edited by KaFu

I decided to use _FileReadToArray() and check the last element if it is empty. However, I would like to try this one and see if it is faster or not, but you didn't supply one of the functions _WinAPI_SetFilePointer(). If you could pass that along, thanks.

Update to AU 3.3.0.0 :) ... it's now in the UDF winapi.au3:

Func _WinAPI_SetFilePointer($hFile, $iPos, $iMethod = 0)
    Local $aResult

$aResult = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "long", "SetFilePointer", "hwnd", $hFile, "long", $iPos, "long_ptr", 0, "long", $iMethod)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, -1)
    If $aResult[0] = $__WINAPCONSTANT_INVALID_SET_FILE_POINTER Then Return SetError(2, 0, -1)
    Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc ;==>_WinAPI_SetFilePointer

And for sure this one is faster as it directly jumps to the last byte instead of reading the whole file.

I decided to use _FileReadToArray() and check the last element if it is empty. However, I would like to try this one and see if it is faster or not, but you didn't supply one of the functions _WinAPI_SetFilePointer(). If you could pass that along, thanks.

FileReadToArray() loads the whole file into memory. Hard with really large files. And if the last element is empty, it's not necessarily a linebreak. Edited by KaFu