How to right click on a shortcut,show properties

tony

Hello,

I need to be able to open a shortcut properties and change the run mode from Normal window to either Maximized or Minimized.

I tried to get the shortcut properties, delete it and recreate it but it's not working:

Local $details[7]

$details = FileGetShortcut(@ProgramsCommonDir & "my_link.lnk")

FileDelete (@ProgramsCommonDir & "my_link.lnk")

FileCreateShortcut($details[0],@ProgramsCommonDir & "my_link.lnk",$details[1],$details[2],$details[3],$details[4],$details[5],$details[6])

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Took me a few minutes to run it on my system but the problem is you are missing the terminating slash.

@ProgramsCommonDir does not end with a \ so you need to add it.

Bob

--------------------bobchernow, Bob ChernowWhat a long strange trip it's beenUDFs: [post="635594"]Multiple Monitor Screen Resolution Change[/post]

Sorry for the confusion but the '\' was a typo. My real issue is that the shortcut created this way doesn't work.

Is there a different way to modify an existing shortcut? I would like to be able to open the property of the file and manipulate the content the same way I can do with the mouse.

Thanks for your help.

tony

You can create a shortcut to your specs, then delete the old one. Use FileCreateShortcut to make it, then use FileDelete to delete the old one

That was my approach in my original posting. What I found was that the shortcut doesn't work.