"convert" windows in tabs

Lori83

Hi there,

I just need some help where to start: I want to give an existing application which opens a lot of windows a new GUI where the whole process can be displayed in tabs. This means that I want to grab the forms of the open window and pass the entered information back to the window. Furthermore, I want the different windows to be opened in my GUI in different tabs. This should also work for new windows which can be opened from some forms in these windows.

As I am a Newbie to AutoIt, I would be very thankful to some advice how to "simulate" the window in a tab of my GUI and to pass information between the window and my GUI.

Thanks in advance!

Lori

take a look at children windows

cheers

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

Wow that is one hell of a first project for a person new to au3.  Don't get me wrong au3 is the most powerful language I've came across yet for its simplicity.  Those words you type equal much code from my little experiences so far.  Good luck and Have fun.  au3 + coffee == fun time.

*me0w*
avery

Edited by avery
www.abox.orgAvery HowellVisit My AutoIt Websitehttp://www.abox.org

• 2 weeks later...

well

I was trying to do the same thing... and what I thougt was:

• Create a list of the windows to put in the tabs by using arrays
  • Find a way of making those windows $WS_POPUP <-- here was the problem that stopped me from finishing the project
  • Set those windows as Child Windows in order to let them move with the main window

btw... this should be the function to set a window as child

Func _SetParent($iCtrlID)
    Local $pHwnd, $nHwnd, $aPos, $a
    $hWnd = GUICtrlGetHandle($iCtrlID);Get the control handle
    If $hWnd = 0 then Return SetError(1,1,0) 
    $pHwnd = DllCall("User32.dll", "hwnd", "GetParent", "hwnd", $hWnd);Get the parent Gui Handle
    If $pHwnd[0] = 0 then Return SetError(1,2,0)
    $aPos = ControlGetPos($pHwnd[0],"",$hWnd);Get the current pos of the control
    If @error then Return SetError(1,3,0)
    $nHwnd = GUICreate("", $aPos[2], $aPos[3], $aPos[0], $aPos[1], 0x80000000, 0x00080000 + 0x00000040, $pHwnd[0]);greate a gui in the position of the control
    If $nHwnd = 0 then Return SetError(1,4,0)
    $a = DllCall("User32.dll", "hwnd", "SetParent", "hwnd", $hWnd, "hwnd", $nHwnd);change the parent of the control to the new gui
    If $a[0] = 0 then Return SetError(1,5,0)
    Return $nHwnd;Return the handle for the new Child gui
EndFunc

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

".. I just need some help where to start: I want to give an existing application which opens a lot of windows a new GUI where the whole process can be displayed in tabs. ..."

I would start with the "Tab on Tab" or "Tab in Tab" examples, you will find here in the forum.

E.g.: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=473877

Good luck, Reinhard