SciTE Context menu

Melba23

• Moderators

Hi,

I used to know how to add internal SciTE commands (like Run and Compile) to the right click context menu, but my memory has faded (like my hair!).

I found user.context.menu in the help file, but looking at the SciTEGlobal.properties file I am pretty sure that was not how I did it last time.

I seem to remember that it involved the 301 and 303 command codes. Jos, are you out there?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

Volly,

Thanks. I thought I had looked there - obviously not hard enough!

M23

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Developers

Hi,

I used to know how to add internal SciTE commands (like Run and Compile) to the right click context menu, but my memory has faded (like my hair!).

I found user.context.menu in the help file, but looking at the SciTEGlobal.properties file I am pretty sure that was not how I did it last time.

I seem to remember that it involved the 301 and 303 command codes. Jos, are you out there?

M23

This is what we have in au3.properties:

#Modify Context Menu to add Right Click, Add as Snippet
user.context.menu=||Add as Snippet|1116|

As far as the numbers to use: file SciTE.h (from the available source code) contains all possible options inside SciTE and 1100+xx for each defined user defined command.

Jos :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

Jos,

Looking at what you posted above, I was struck by the "1100+xx for each defined user defined command".

I see from au3.properties that command 1116 in the context menu must refer to:

# 16 GAfrost Snippet holder
command.16.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\CSnippet\CSnippet.exe" /CreateSnippet
command.name.16.$(au3)=Snippet Holder
command.shortcut.16.$(au3)=Ctrl+Alt+s
command.subsystem.16.$(au3)=2
command.save.before.16.$(au3)=2
command.replace.selection.16.$(au3)=0
command.quiet.16.$(au3)=1

I am firmly of the opinion that SciTE is among the, if not the, best programmer's editor I have come across and I learn (or try to, as my original post shows!) new tricks every day. I have a few small utilities I wrote in AutoIt which I would like to run from within SciTE (abbreviation manager, CallTip manager, colour selector, etc). Having read your post, I tried to incorporate them in a similar manner to the code above. But when I tried it did not work (and yes I did restart SciTE, before you ask!).

I used this - the highest number I could find was #x 33 Open BETA #include File and so I went a bit above that:

# 40 RGB selector
command.40.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\SciTE Utils\RGB.exe"
command.name.40.$(au3)=RGB

But then adding 1140 to the context menu did not work, you must know why. The .shortcut, .save.before and .replace.selection lines are pretty obvious - but what are the others for? And what do I have to do to get my little utilities to work? A shortcut is not necessary, I am quite happy with a rightclick context menu entry.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

M23

Spoiler

• Developers

There is no need to restart SciTE when adding a extra User defined tool to the tools menu as far as I know. :)

Anyways, did you open the SciTE4AutoIt3 helpfile which contains the standard SciTE helppage describing all the possible options for each option ?

Oh, and when making additions/changes to the standard setup you want to save that in the SciTEUser.properties.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Hint taken!

M23

Edit: SciTE is the best! If a little complicated to get to grips with at times ;-)

Edited by Melba23

Spoiler

• Developers

Jos,

Hint taken!

M23

sorry about that, but I am pretty sure you will understand most of it and I am just a lazy bastart when it comes to having to type stuff thats already available :)

Just let me know when you have issues and I will try to be more helpfull ....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

You are quite right. I often suggest that people RTFM, so I can hardly complain when it is done to me! Although I must say that I find the SciTE docs less than clear at times.

Anyway, I have got it working now thanks - shows what a prod from a respected guru can do!

M23

Spoiler