Change mouse cursor and stop clicking

buzz44

hello all... i am looking to capture the click of a mouse but not make it do anything

eg.

When you click one of the mouse buttons ie .Left/Middle/Right .. instead of clicking i want it to do sumthing else .. get the colour infact.. i already have the coding to get the colour and it works when i click ..

problem is ...

say i want to get the colour of a button.. i move the mouse over the button and click.. it gets the colour but it also clicks on the button and does wateva it does ..

another eg is if the cursor is over a file when u click it will highlight the file and thus change the colour that i want.

is there any way i can sumhow "Block" or capture the mouse down thing b4 for it happens ? i was going to use BlockInput bu hen i realised if i use that u wont be able to click any way lol

and help plz =)

also .. is there a way i can change the mouse cursor ?? MouseGetCursors just gets wat the cursor is . is there a way i can (maybe throught dll call) change the cursor.

Edited by burrup

qq

anyone please lol ... i really wanna finish my script and i cant tell i figure these problems =).

problem 1: how can i not make the mouse click click on an obect.. read above post if u dont understand plz

problem 2: how do i change the cursor of a mouse?

thx

qq

PEOPLE PLZZZZZZZ lol ...

can i change the mouse cursor (1

can i stop the mouse from clicking on sumthing but it still perfoms sumthing else..? (2

eg.. the mouse is over a button .. instead of clicking the button it gets the colour beneath the mouse .. (the button is not GUI form autoit, it is a windows button)

thx

ANYONE PLEASE HELP

edit: coming up to 11hrs with no reply's .. new record?

Edited by burrup

qq

Hi,

I think it's only possible with an real Hook to the mouse because the _IsPressed UDF can read the key/mouse but also performs the action.

Andre

What about Windows without using AutoIt ?It would be the same as driving a car without an steering Wheel!

Hi,

change the mousecursor by using a dllcall ?

HCURSOR CreateCursor(

HINSTANCE hInst,

int xHotSpot,

int yHotSpot,

int nWidth,

int nHeight,

const VOID *pvANDPlane,

const VOID *pvXORPlane

);

and then use it ?

SetCursor( )

But don't ask me how to do it because i don't have the time to play with the dllcall function.

Andre

What about Windows without using AutoIt ?It would be the same as driving a car without an steering Wheel!

Guest Guidosoft

You guys make up a completley new wave of scripters. Like another generation coming in. lol.

When I look at the active users, I see less an less of the usual members and more of new people with little posts all over the place lol.

Welcome to AutoIt Forums to all of you new guys even though you 2 are not that new.

You probably won't see me around much cause valik is working out his plan to get me banned so I thaught I would just greet you now.

Edit:

"OMFG......."

Thou shalt not take the name of the lord thy GOD in vein.

Edited by Guidosoft