old fashioned CMD window look-a-like?

join

Hi there! i been seeing all those new windows etc etc, but where can i get the old like CMD window for autoit? i mean, so the user can type commands, read text etc, is there any possible way to do that? thx!

Do you mean a command window where you can type things like

$text = FileRead("something.txt")

?

if so then why?

If you don't want a gui then you can have scripts without them, and if you want the CMD window you can use Run("cmd.exe")

I expect I don't understand what you want to do.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

i mean, can i use autoit scripts in a cmd window? so like cmd but it does autoit commands.

Sounds like the first suggestion in my previous reply.

Can yo give an example of what commands you would want to type and why you would want to do that rather than write a script which would be much easier?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Sounds like the first suggestion in my previous reply.

Can yo give an example of what commands you would want to type and why you would want to do that rather than write a script which would be much easier?

Suppose I'm not sure how a command works. I type it on the AutoIt console. It does something wrong. I type something else. Bingo! Copy into my script.

Suppose I'm not sure how a command works. I type it on the AutoIt console. It does something wrong. I type something else. Bingo! Copy into my script.

I don't see the need. First you look in the help to see how some function is to be used and study the example. Then you can use SciTE as your text editor and it gives a hint on what parameters are needed as you type in a function. Then if you make any errors they will be pointed out when you try to run the script.

You can compile scripts to run from command prompt only, chose 'Create CUI instead of GUI.exe' in compiler. Input / Output should work via StdinWrite() / StdoutRead() or/and ConsoleRead() ConsoleWrite() (didn't tried that yet). To capture .exe call parameters look for 'Command Line Parameters' in the help-file.

Edited by KaFu

Ha, this cmd gives me an idea for development ...hmm.. I dont remember where i saw it, but didnt someone make a small script or addon for SciTE that enables you to run a .Au3 script without saving it? Im thinking of making a CMD based Au3 script to do sort of the same thing... but with certain commands like with Nomadmemory, see with me I am constantly testing new addresses/offsets and memory editing for games with nomadmemory.au3, so like using the cmd based program to input a nomad command like _MemoryWrite() or read and use the an address to test.. this would save alot of time, since I have to write a small script, save it, then run it to test .. Just an idea hehe sorry offtopic :)

hey but if you just want a console based compiled au3 app... well Au3 wasnt designed to make console apps.. But just search "Console" in these forums and theres a nice console library that will help you make a console app.... I give mad props to the author of that library... I personally love cmd/console DOS based apps... But I guess im just old fashion .. >.>

goodluck mate

*WoW Dev Projects: AFK Tele Bot development journalSimple Player Pointer Scanner + Z-Teleport*My Projects: coming soon.Check out my WoW Dev wiki for patch 3.0.9!http://www.wowdev.wikidot.com

Also look at

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y

It's available in full Scite4Autoit3.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...image+converter

I wrote this not too long ago, using AutoIt3Wrapper to change it to be a command line application during compile.

In any case, this is a very basic example of a command line application in AutoIt.

Edited by maqleod
[u]You can download my projects at:[/u] Pulsar Software

I don't see the need. First you look in the help to see how some function is to be used and study the example. Then you can use SciTE as your text editor and it gives a hint on what parameters are needed as you type in a function. Then if you make any errors they will be pointed out when you try to run the script.

+1 There.

What the OP wants is stupid IMO. There is no need. It overcomplicates everything.

This can be done with a simple GUI with few styles and such too...

Cheers,

Brett

You can compile scripts to run from command prompt only, chose 'Create CUI instead of GUI.exe' in compiler. Input / Output should work via StdinWrite() / StdoutRead() or/and ConsoleRead() ConsoleWrite() (didn't tried that yet). To capture .exe call parameters look for 'Command Line Parameters' in the help-file.