SQlite - Or any other database?

Edifice

I tried searching these forums for some sort of guide on how to run and use a database (I don't really care which one, it just has to be simple and light).

I found some topics about SQlite, which really sound great. Then I searched the forum, and found some posts about it, one caught my eye in particular:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...9&hl=SQLite

I tried to download the dll's and example code, and ended up press'n "Okay" to about 1.000 errors. Then I saw the post was from 2005, I guess a lot has changed since then.

Anyway, I still need to store and access my data in some kind of light database, and I just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction - or even in the direction of a full guide? :)

Edited by Edifice

I tried searching these forums for some sort of guide on how to run and use a database (I don't really care which one, it just has to be simple and light).

I found some topics about SQlite, which really sound great. Then I searched the forum, and found some posts about it, one caught my eye in particular:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...9&hl=SQLite

I tried to download the dll's and example code, and ended up press'n "Okay" to about 1.000 errors. Then I saw the post was from 2005, I guess a lot has changed since then.

Anyway, I still need to store and access my data in some kind of light database, and I just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction - or even in the direction of a full guide? :)

That post was very old. SQLite is now packaged and shipped with the full version of AutoIt. Make sure you have the current version (3.3.0.0 as of this date) and that you download the full version of SciTE4AutoIt3 to work with. All the examples in the help file should run without any errors.

:)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law