Is WM_GETTEXT processing enough for AutoIt?

hummy

Good day, gentlemen. Currently I'm working with a GUI liblary that manages contorols that do not subclass windows native controls. Alos, one of my goals is to make my GUI able to communiczte with AutoIt. In order to do that, I had the WM_GETTEXTLENGTH and WM_GETTEXT messages handled in the corresponding window procedures. After that, i.e. Microsoft Spy++ utility started to see the the text I returned in my wondow procedure as a cpation of the window. On the other hand, AutoIt fails to do read it. Can anyone please tell me what am I doing wrong? Thank you very much.

post-46131-1234449111_thumb.png

Good day, gentlemen. Currently I'm working with a GUI liblary that manages contorols that do not subclass windows native controls. Alos, one of my goals is to make my GUI able to communiczte with AutoIt. In order to do that, I had the WM_GETTEXTLENGTH and WM_GETTEXT messages handled in the corresponding window procedures. After that, i.e. Microsoft Spy++ utility started to see the the text I returned in my wondow procedure as a cpation of the window. On the other hand, AutoIt fails to do read it. Can anyone please tell me what am I doing wrong? Thank you very much.

post-46131-1234449111_thumb.png

I think you'll find that line 17 is where the problem lies.

Welcome to the AutoIt forums, I hope I was able to help you with this one.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I think you'll find that line 17 is where the problem lies.

Welcome to the AutoIt forums, I hope I was able to help you with this one.

I assume you find my explanation not to be clear enought. Well, let's see if this quote from the source code of my window procedure will help you.

case WM_GETTEXTLENGTH:
      {
        FXString s = window->getWindowText();
        return s.length();
      }
      break;

case WM_GETTEXT:
      {
        if(!s.empty())
        {
          if(lstrcpynW((LPWSTR)lParam, s.c_str(), wParam))
          {
            return s.length();
          }
        }
      }
      break;

So, if you either see any sort of problem with a curly brace or have a web storage where I could upload the rest four gigabytes of my source code, further advice from you will be greatly appreciated.

I assume you find my explanation not to be clear enought. Well, let's see if this quote from the source code of my window procedure will help you.

case WM_GETTEXTLENGTH:
      {
        return s.length();
      }
      break;

case WM_GETTEXT:
      {
        if(!s.empty())
        {
          if(lstrcpynW((LPWSTR)lParam, s.c_str(), wParam))
          {
            return s.length();
          }
        }
      }
      break;

So, if you either see any sort of problem with a curly brace or have a web storage where I could upload the rest four gigabytes of my source code, further advice from you will be greatly appreciated.

This forum is for support of AutoIt code.

If I understand your post, you have an issue with the AU3Info.exe (AutoIt Window Info Tool), in that it does not show some control text that Spy++ does. That tool is not written in AutoIt, but in C++ I believe. Therefore, this is not the right place for your topic.

If you are a C++ developer wanting to discuss the internals of AU3Info, you might try the Developer Chat forum instead.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks, I tried that, but apperently they have some sort of invitation system for posting there, I have no permission.

And yet, magically, here you are! Certainly not in Kansas anymore!

The limit is only for having a certain number of posts (like 10 I think) to limit drive-by spamming. One of the mods moved the topic for you.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law