[Solved] Jpeg's and panorama's

Hello

I searched the forum but couldn't the answer for what I need. If you could help me out that would be tremendous. I tried to look through the helpfile for any references to gdi+ but nothing turns up! I looked through the GDIPlus.au3 but those function names are something else.

Anyway, what I want to do is to combine multiple images into a single image. Exactly like the panorama option in Irfanview. Is GDI+ the route that I need to go or is there another way? Or is it even possible at all with AutoIt?

Thank you for your time.

Matt

edit (4/30/2010) -- I figured out how to use ImageMagick! Thanks guys!

Edited by jaberwocky6669

Image Magik should have it there... Search for that one... :)

Cheers,

Brett

I dunno. I think there is a command that would be what I want called -adjoin but maybe I misunderstood what this means:

"This option is enabled by default. An attempt will be made to save all images of an image sequence into the given output file. However, some formats, such as JPEG and PNG, do not support more than one image per file, and in that case IM is forced to write each image as a separate file."

It says that jpeg doesn't support more than one image per file but Irfanview puts several jpegs into one file. I don't get it.

• 5 months later...

I dunno. I think there is a command that would be what I want called -adjoin but maybe I misunderstood what this means:

"This option is enabled by default. An attempt will be made to save all images of an image sequence into the given output file. However, some formats, such as JPEG and PNG, do not support more than one image per file, and in that case IM is forced to write each image as a separate file."

It says that jpeg doesn't support more than one image per file but Irfanview puts several jpegs into one file. I don't get it.

Actually you don't need to use adjoin. In a program I wrote to do similar things, I use Image Magick's montage routine like this:

montage -background #000000 -geometry 100%x100% -mattecolor #dddddd -frame 8 file1.jpg file2.jpg montage.jpg

which creates a black background image, full-sized from the source images, with an 8 pixel beveled frame. So if Image A liiked like A and image B looked like B, the montage image would look like AB. If you don't want the beveled frame, omit the "-mattecolor #dddddd -frame 8" part.

Here is the actual autoit code I use. Gotta use the chr(34) quotes because my filenames have spaces.

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "montage -background #000000 -geometry 100%x100% -mattecolor #dddddd -frame 8 " & chr(34) & $Dir & "\walt-front.jpg" & chr(34) & " " & chr(34) & $Dir & "\walt-back.jpg" & chr(34) & " " & chr(34) & $Dir & "\montage.jpg" & chr(34), $Dir, @SW_HIDE)

I think that -adjoin is to make a single file with multiple "frames" that can be cycled through. For example, tiff files have long has this capability. It sounds like you are looking to string two or more images next to each other to make a single image other rather than make a multiframe image file, so if I am understanding things right then the solution I have outlined above will work just fine.

Hope this helps you or a future searcher. Cheers!

Edited by wliebkem