a little Bitmap reading question

torels

Hi there

I made this script

$string="Hello World!"&@CRLF&"The quick, brown fox Jumped over the lazy dog."&@CRLF&".,'\1234567890'"&@CRLF& _
"|!""£$%&/()=?^.,:;-_<>"
$y = 0
$x = 0
$length = StringLen($string)+$x
$LineHeight = 90-32+$y
GUICreate("",$length,$LineHeight)
GUISetBkColor(0x000000)
GUISetState()
$string = StringUpper($string)
For $i = 1 to StringLen($string)
    If StringMid($string,$i,1)=@LF OR StringMid($string,$i,1)=@CR OR StringMid($string,$i,1)=@CRLF Then
        $x += 1
    Else
        GUICtrlCreateLabel("",$x,$y,1,Asc(StringMid($string,$i,1))-32)
        GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1,0xFFFFFF)
        $x+=1
    EndIf
Next
while 1
    If GUIGetMsg() = -3 then Exit
WEnd

supposing that what you have in the gui will go on a bitmap instead

how could I read the bitmap to get each line's length and consequantly be able to decode the string ?

basically it's just about getting each line's length (width=1px)

btw... the white parts are the ones to be read

thanks in advance :)

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

• Moderators

torels,

Using PixelGetColor in a series of suitable loops seems a pretty good way to get what you want.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

yes I thopught of that... but I was looking for a way of doing it without having the image shown

maybe using GDI+ ... but I do'nt know how to do that XD

Edited by torels

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

• Moderators

torels,

If you save the image in 24-bit Bitmap format, it would not be difficult to read the internal structure without having to display the image. But for a simple black/white image, that would mean an enormous size overhead - unless you compressed it yourself once it had been created......

I have done a quick search on the forums and there are some threads about searching hidden windows for pixels. Perhaps that might be something to look into?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

ok thanks... I think i'll try it

anyway i've expressed myself badly... it isn't a bmp but any kind of image :)

thanks for your help