Error help in SciTE!

Hello all. Sorry for such a stupid question. In the SciTE help file it says you can click on the error of the script and it will jump to that location. I also notice a yellow star next to the line. Is this a setting that can be turned off cuz for some reason it doesn't work for me and wondering if I switched it off by mistake. My only way of knowing where the error is, is by using Au3Check and looking at what line the error is in. Would like the first option to work if possible. Any help will be appreciated.

• Developers

I don't really understand your issue.

Does the outputpane show errors in red which you double clicked?

Does it not jumop to the proper line in the script when double clicking?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I don't really understand your issue.

Does the outputpane show errors in red which you double clicked?

Does it not jumop to the proper line in the script when double clicking?

Jos

Sorry for not being more clear. Yes the output shows errors in red text and with a yellow background. When I double click on it, it doesn't jump the the error at all. All I get is that it highlights the line and then gives options to cut, copy, delete, etc. I've tried clicking on everything just to make sure I wasn't clicking on the wrong thing. Was just curious as this would make things easier for me to go to the error and fix it versus having to search for the line. Saw it was capable in the help file and just making sure I didn't turn off the capability by mistake.

• Developers

Sorry for not being more clear. Yes the output shows errors in red text and with a yellow background. When I double click on it, it doesn't jump the the error at all. All I get is that it highlights the line and then gives options to cut, copy, delete, etc. I've tried clicking on everything just to make sure I wasn't clicking on the wrong thing. Was just curious as this would make things easier for me to go to the error and fix it versus having to search for the line. Saw it was capable in the help file and just making sure I didn't turn off the capability by mistake.

When doubleclicking the errorline it should open the file that is reference when not opened yet, give it the focus and jump to the line number shown in the error. After that its up to you to determine what the exact error is.

When this is not happening for you you neede to show some more info like the outputpane errorline that isn't working.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

When doubleclicking the errorline it should open the file that is reference when not opened yet, give it the focus and jump to the line number shown in the error. After that its up to you to determine what the exact error is.

When this is not happening for you you neede to show some more info like the outputpane errorline that isn't working.

Jos

I just did this for testing purposes. When double clicking on the error line it just highlights the error and give the options to edit as posted in the pics. I thought it was to jump to the line. I'm away it's up to me to fix the error but figured if it jumped to the error for me as I thought It should then it would be easy to edit.

post-31625-1234773544_thumb.png

post-31625-1234773554_thumb.png

post-31625-1234773565_thumb.png

• Developers

Try storing your script in a path without any brackets "()" because i don't think SciTE like those.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Try storing your script in a path without any brackets "()" because i don't think SciTE like those.

Jos

Ahhh nice call! That would be it! And haven't really noticed that it was just this script since been working on this script for awhile. Many Thanks Jos!!!