2 Questions

Question 1:

I'm making an app that will convert font files (.ttf, etc) to .fnt files. I want the user to be able to drag and drop from my GUI, which I guess could be done like this:

1.) When the conversion is complete, save the file to a temporary directory.

2.) When the user drags and drops from the GUI, move the file to the dropped location.

Is there a way to do this so that the user thinks they are really dragging from the GUI?

Question 2:

I'm using the ListView_Progress UDF to put progress bars in my ListView. To delete them, I was thinking on using Progress_Delete() to do it. I was expecting to be able to feed it the index of the cell item and delete it, like this:

_ListView_InsertProgressBar($ftpListview, 0, 2)
Progress_Delete(0, 2)oÝ÷ Ø­¶ºw-Ý¡ë'ßÛp¢¹-«pk$ázå˲¶hج)¶¬jëh×6$myPbar = _ListView_InsertProgressBar($ftpListview, 0, 2)
Progress_Delete($myPbar )

That won't work because every time I need to create a progress bar, I can't give it a dynamic variable name. Well, I don't know how do give it a dynamic name; In Flash, I could just do this:

my["_gameResult"+i] = "100%"

But that doesn't work in AutoIt. Is there any way to make dynamic variable names?

Many kudos to whoever replies! Thanks!

Edited by motionman95

if I understood what you want... you have 2 ways of doing it

1) Assign() - it's the worst way... and probably harder to manadge

2) Use arrays :) - it's the best way... and easyer to use... you just have to learn how to use them

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

As a revision of my first question, I guess what I want to do is when the user clicks and drags from the window, I want to get the location where it's dropped. And I guess I'd use a fake cursor so the user really thinks they are dragging from the window.

This application does exactly what I want to do.

Posted Image

Edited by motionman95

there's no need for fake cursors... just check what whindow is active when mouse button is released (If not _IsPressed(01))

cheers!

Edited by torels

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

there's no need for fake cursors... just check what whindow is active when mouse button is released (If not _IsPressed(01))

cheers!

Thanks! That's a great start! In my earlier post, when I said "location" I meant if they dragged from my window to an explorer window that was on drive "C:\" the location returned would be "C:\". The same thing if they dragged to the desktop.

Edited by motionman95

Anyone? Please? With a cherry on top? Maybe this requires a Guru...

First, I am NOT a guru.

I have a few questions. When it comes to the drag/drop question you keep talking about faking out a drag icon. The question is, what are you trying to drag? Are you dragging real objects? Files? What. Whatever they are, do they have any icon associated with them? The request was a bit confusing, at least to me. If they are really files, then why talk about faking the drag? Are you not really dragging the converted file?

Secondly with the array/variable. Why does it need to be dynamic? Why can you not reuse the same variable, or cycle thru a set of them?

Just trying to get clarification. Do you have any sample code that can be worked on?

Bob

--------------------bobchernow, Bob ChernowWhat a long strange trip it's beenUDFs: [post="635594"]Multiple Monitor Screen Resolution Change[/post]

I mean dragging from my GUI to the desktop/explorer, and making a file on the desktop or (if the explorer window was on drive C:) "C:\". For example - a user drags a file to a box in my window. My app converts it. Then, from a second box the user is able to "drag" from my window to their destination.