Question about ComboBox

mcdell

Hi,

How do you get the number of items in a ComboBox? Say for example you open My Computer and when you click on the button that has an arrow point down, a list of things appear, such as you cd rom and control panel. How do you get the total number of items under that list?

Thanks

a windows combo box like in my computer or a GUICtrlCreateCombo?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The window (like my computer) combo box, what I am trying to do is to find the number of items in a combo box so I will end up selecting each item and run the application with that setting. Edited by mcdell

Sorry about stupid answer, I shouldn't do it too late... :lmao:

Anyway, you can try something like:

$hcWnd = ControlGetHandle ("Total Commander", "", "TComboBox1")
$ret = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $hcWnd, "int", 0x0146, "int", 0, "int", 0)
MsgBox (0, "Count", $ret[0])

Unfortunately, this not works with explorer combos, probably they are non-standard controls. But with many other programs this should work (tested with Total Commander). Maybe someone knows explorer solution.

Sorry about stupid answer, I shouldn't do it too late...  :lmao:

$ret = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $hcWnd, "int", 0x0146, "int", 0, "int", 0)

Unfortunately, this not works with explorer combos, probably they are non-standard controls. But with many other programs this should work (tested with Total Commander). Maybe someone knows explorer solution.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It worked o:) However do you know where can I find the prototype for this function? What are the 0x0146 and the two 0's mean? Also, you know to use 0146 to get the number of items, what if I want to get other properties? Where can I find the message codes?

Thanks

Edited by mcdell

• 4 months later...

Sorry about stupid answer, I shouldn't do it too late...  -_-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That worked with explorer, tho not every time. I checked MSDN and API viewer, but couldn't find a list of the message-codes, like that 0x0146 for count. I'm trying to get the elements in a combobox to an array (or string, if there's another code to go through the list in the combo). I'd appreciate any help!

-juk