Need Solution

artayura

Hello.

I need a little help here. I've already read and try some of script in this forum.

But i can't find any solution to my problem. Maybe coz im very newbie in programming.

Right now, i need a script to ALT + F then Enter repeatly after 5-6 seconds.

It's because, my department need to clean temporary system files in our database.

ALT + F is the shortcut key in the database, it will select the files and after Enter, the file will be deleted.

Posted Image

I need this script because i've got 9k files need to be deleted before tomorrow.

I do really appreaciate help from expert user in this forum.

Only God can pay your kindness..

Thank you....

Only God can pay your kindness..

Stop...

God helps those who helps themselves..

So please help urself.. ppl will point u in the right direction here.. no readymade stuff will be handed to u on a platter..

See Send and Sleep command from help file.. and provide some code.. show some effort, and I'll gladly assist you in completing ur script..

[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

All native functions in there always tell you what it does, how to do it, and gives you an example. You must be very thick to not be able to at least attempt something... :)

EDIT:

Oh, try a loop!

While will do the trick.

Edited by BrettF

thank you sir.

i will read it now. thank you for pointing the right direction for me.

i've alrdy ready the help file but there is so much command and syntax. i dont know which to use.

thank you sir. i will try it right now.

HotKeySet("{END}", "_end")

While 1
Send ( "{ALT}{+F}" [, flag] )
Sleep(5000)
Send ( "{ENTER}" [, flag] )
Sleep(5000)
WEnd

Func _end()
Exit
EndFunc

Pressing "End" will close your program.

like this???

mean, the script will keep repeating 100 times. am i right?

Seriously are you just retarded? What does that script do? Obviously it doesn't.

If you don't have SciTE (FULL) then check my sig.

Now please go back to the help file, open it up and read it. Actually RUN the examples.

Also, I said use a while loop. You failed to get that far. Please learn to open your eyes, read and at least attempt to understand. It amazes me how someone can go this far astray with such a helpfile...

:)

Seriously are you just retarded? What does that script do? Obviously it doesn't.

If you don't have SciTE (FULL) then check my sig.

Now please go back to the help file, open it up and read it. Actually RUN the examples.

Also, I said use a while loop. You failed to get that far. Please learn to open your eyes, read and at least attempt to understand. It amazes me how someone can go this far astray with such a helpfile...

Hey relax Brett.. U were new to autoit once too.. stop using such language..

I know he's not trying.. but don't start bashing him like this..

Give him time.. nd support him.. Newbies need that..

[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

artayura..

When u read about the help file.. also see the examples below.. click the "open Script" button.. and run the program..

See how it works..

See how send is used to send key strokes..

See about the while loop..

See while 1..

Also see about the "for" loop.. if u want to specifically repeat the task a set number of times..

And please work a lot before u post here.. Put in a lot of effort.. nd then when u r stuck.. then ask for help..

Dear Manjish, jebus495 and Brett.

Thank you so much for helping me. I really appreciate it, especially jebus495 for giving me an idea.

Manjish for pointing me to right direction and Brett for giving me moral support in different way. :)

My script already work. Thanks to jebus495.

HotKeySet("{END}", "_end")

While 1

Send ( "!f")

Sleep(5000)

Send ( "{ENTER}")

Sleep(5000)

WEnd

Func _end()

Exit

EndFunc

I read this guide in Help file.

'!'

This tells AutoIt to send an ALT keystroke, therefore Send("This is text!a") would send the keys "This is text" and then press "ALT+a".

so, that's how it works. I don't need {ALT} and flag is optional. So, i delete it.

flag [optional] Changes how "keys" is processed:

Thank you so much.. I can have my lunch now while AutoIt do everything... :)

Thank you so much again.. God bless you guys.

Have a nice day. ^_^

Hey relax Brett.. U were new to autoit once too.. stop using such language..

I know he's not trying.. but don't start bashing him like this..

Give him time.. nd support him.. Newbies need that..

I don't mind bashing... :)

I'm giving support in my way :)

But seriously, I told him where to go, and somehow he comes up with something else... Not sure how that works?

Cheers,

Brett