Submit Form and Get HTML Output

OK Guys,

:) This is how the problem goes: there is a web page (i.e.: https://form.com) that contains a form that I want to submit and capture the output. Assuming that the default values of the form are enough to obtain an output, how can I use 'URLDownloadToFile' or 'InetGet' to submit the form in such page and capture the output to a file without opening a browser window? :) The form uses the methos "POST", NOT "GET"; this meas that I CANNOT specify the query string in the search string of the URL. Again, this means that

InetGet("https://form.com?name1=val1&name2=val2")

will not work o:) . Any suggestions? Remember :lmao: , NO browser window may be opened to accomplish this task :) .

I am running a box with borg technology! The distintiveness of your brand box will be added to the colective ... protection utilities are futile!cha, cha, chachaaaanm!

Use an external program like Curl.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks o:) ! I went to the suggested website. I could not find a download for Windows OS's :) (which is the platform that I am using and forgot to mention above :"> ). Any other suggestions? :lmao:
I am running a box with borg technology! The distintiveness of your brand box will be added to the colective ... protection utilities are futile!cha, cha, chachaaaanm!

Guest Guidosoft

Curl for Windows

All Win32 versions should work, except the cygwin release. I suggest the Generic SSL release as it supports encrypted transfers through https/ftps and not the version Alterego mentioned. Of course only as long as it's legal in your country.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You better change your disturbing avator.

Is that a boy or a girl, I can't tell, you should widen the view so we can see more. :lmao: LOL. JK. No but really, who is that?

Edit: Why cant you use the get method?

Edited by Guidosoft

Thanks to all of you guys for your responses; They are always welcome and helpful.

Of course only as long as it's legal in your country

sugi, I am in the US and the software that I implementing is for a department in the college where I work. I find it interesting that you mention that ... why? and where can I find it. Could you please indicate the download page of the file. Sorry about asking you to be so accomodating with me; it is just that the Curl web site seems to be dedicated to other O.S.'s and not very Windows friendly.

Edit: Why cant you use the get method?

Guidosoft,I do not have control of the page ... I can only send my username/password and download the page with the form to my HD. From there I can analize it, fill it up, and now I am trying to submit it back (using InetGet) to obtain the output of the submition.

Alterego, Thanks, I will take a look even after the suggestion of sugi.

sugi, I am in the US and the software that I implementing is for a department in the college where I work. I find it interesting that you mention that ... why?

Because you never mentioned where you live. And encryption is illegal in some countries.

And to the "unfriendly" page: That's because there are different versions that differ in what they need. Some use the Microsoft Visual C runtime, others use the cygwin libraries. Some support encryption (those that have SSL support), some don't.

The page is not unfriendly. It just offers you more options than you're used to seeing. It's basically the old question of what's better: Hiding severall options that can be useful in some cases to create less confusion. Or show all options and confuse those that don't exactly know what they need.

I guess what you need is the Win32 generic non-SSL version. But if that program goes into your tools directory, you're better of with the Win32 generic SSL version as it supports a lot more options for https, ftps, etc.

Edited by sugi