The Matrix

billthecreator

Here is a script to shows the matrix. i will soon make it a screen saver. but this is what i have so far.

Edited: runs faster

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>

#NoTrayIcon

$d      = Round(@DesktopWidth / 12, 0) + 1
$r      = Round(@DesktopHeight / 15, 0) + 1
Global $label[$d][$r]
HotKeySet("{SPACE}", "_exit")

$gui    = GUICreate     ("MatrixScreenSaver", @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, 0, 0, BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_POPUP))
        GUISetBkColor   (0x000000)

$d      = Round(@DesktopWidth / 12, 0)
$r      = Round(@DesktopHeight / 15, 0)
$mes = 0
$f  = 1
GUISetCursor(16)
$letters = "£¥žšŸƒ€ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö "
$letcount = StringLen($letters)
$letters = StringSplit($letters,"")

$thanks = "THÁNKÝÕÛƒÒRWÅTCHÏNG"
$thanks = StringSplit($thanks,"")

For $h = 0 To $r
    For $w = 0 To $d

$label[$w][$h]  = GUICtrlCreateLabel($letters[Random(1,$letcount-1,1)], $w*30, $h*17, 12, 17,  $SS_CENTER)
                GUICtrlSetColor     (-1, "0x00" & Random(Dec("11"),Dec("FF"),1) & "00")
                GUICtrlSetBkColor   (-1, 0x000000)
                GUICtrlSetFont      (-1, 12, 700, 0, "Lucida Console")
                GUICtrlSetCursor    (-1, 16)
    Next
Next

GUISetState()

While 1
    If $mes = 1 Then

For $u = 18 To 18 Step 1
            For $t = 15 To 34 Step 1
                GUICtrlSetData($label[$t][$u], $thanks[$f])
                GUICtrlSetColor($label[$t][$u], "0x0000" & Random(Dec("DD"),Dec("FF"),1))
                $f += 1
                If $f = 20 Then ExitLoop
            Next
        Next
            $mes += 1
    Else
        For $t = Random(4,16,1) To UBound($label) -1 Step Random(4,12,1)
            For $u = 0 To UBound($label,2) -1 Step Random(1,6,1)
                GUICtrlSetData($label[$t][$u], $letters[Random(1,$letcount-1,1)])
                GUICtrlSetColor($label[$t][$u], "0x00" & Random(Dec("11"),Dec("FF"),1) & "00")
            Next
        Next
            $mes += 1
    EndIf
WEnd

Func _exit()
    Exit
EndFunc
Edited by billthecreator

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif]My Scripts: From Most recent to least.[/font]Countdown GUI | QLOCK TWO | FlipClock | Slot Machine My UDF:_GenerateRandomNoRepeat | _GuiSnap

Well it maxed out my dual duo processors to the point that I had to ctrl alt delete it. While it was going it was slow. I would go with GDI+. And it's been a long time since I've seen the movies, but wasn't it all 1's and 0's? I would go with the GDI+ and then you could have layers, like the Matrix. You could have it so it moved like the scenes in the matrix... I wonder if someone out there could make one that even could use an image to make it with the matrix text... that would be awesome.

Giggity

Well it maxed out my dual duo processors to the point that I had to ctrl alt delete it. While it was going it was slow. I would go with GDI+. And it's been a long time since I've seen the movies, but wasn't it all 1's and 0's? I would go with the GDI+ and then you could have layers, like the Matrix. You could have it so it moved like the scenes in the matrix... I wonder if someone out there could make one that even could use an image to make it with the matrix text... that would be awesome.

don't have a dual core processor, but it maxed out my cpu too. Spacebar worked to shut it down just fine, but it was slow and choppy while it ran and took a long time to start. Nice appearance and a good start, but I agree with youknowwho4eva for trying out a way to do it with layers. I don't know what to suggest to make it flow better though.

[u]You can download my projects at:[/u] Pulsar Software

I added a sleep in there, and it was a lot more co-operative. I did see a blue line at one point. Ohhhh now I see that was the thanksforwatching line. It looks real good, but I think it's the elseif $mes = 2 then line that is throwing it off. I haven't dug into it to see what exactly it is. But it will be moving fluidly, then it will refresh across the screen.

Giggity

I just had it run for 45 minutes. no lag. i have dual cores. and the matrix movie shows letters of a different language, like Japanese looking letters.

EDIT -

I changed a few things above. it now funs a lot faster and starts faster

Edited by billthecreator

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif]My Scripts: From Most recent to least.[/font]Countdown GUI | QLOCK TWO | FlipClock | Slot Machine My UDF:_GenerateRandomNoRepeat | _GuiSnap

And it's been a long time since I've seen the movies, but wasn't it all 1's and 0's?

No the matrix code is a bunch of random characters that resemble the japanese alphabet. Maybe it even is, i dont know, i never took japanese in highschool.

Isn't this already a thread? Maybe it's just me but i'm seeing a random blue character every once in a while. Looks pretty decent though

I wonder if someone out there could make one that even could use an image to make it with the matrix text... that would be awesome.

I would think you'd need a whole bunch of images for each particular letter Edited by b1naryatr0phy

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if it's not you then you did a remarkable job of "finding" that on the internet because no matter what I configure as my search text in Google I can't get to your (I mean that) download.

:P

WBD

Found a link -> click me. Matrix Code Emulator by ChaosSoft (Reality Rift Studios)

Not AutoIt compiled....

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

http://www.kellysoftware.com/ssaver/Matrix_ks.asp

Looks pretty cool. Although I fear we're straying off-topic :P

WBD