Won't work after compiled.

I am trying to open a webpage and download an mp3 file (in this case just a file) and save it automatically. Here is the script.

CODE

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.shtml")

_IELoadWait($oIE)

Send("{TAB 16}") ;Presses +TAB 16 times

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("File Download")

Send("{TAB 4}") ;Presses TAB 4 times

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Save")

Send("{ENTER}")

Instead, I get an error box after I compile and run the exe program using the full version of SciTE editor on win 2000. But if I compile to an a3x file it works fine. I also compile example scripts that came with Autoit v3 such as calculator.au3 and the compiled exe won't run. What is the normal way to compile them?

post-46358-1234921033_thumb.gif

Thanks

Still no go. I reboot, uninstall Autoit. Then, re-download then reinstall the full installation, then reboot and still no go. I've even use Aut2Exe to compile. None of the au3 scripts in the help file won't work when compiled to exe. I have use Autoit maybe two years before on this same PC but on a different hard drive on the same configuration and it worked just fine. Is there a normal method to reinstall the program?

Compiled report screenshot:

post-46358-1234935313_thumb.gif

Here is the compiled test2.exe, 319kb on sendspace, watchout for the ads on sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/w4bqsz

Make sure the obfuscator is disabled, disable UPX and try changing it to ANSI for testing.

That executable you uploaded crashed on my computer.

I have the same problem with an embedded IE script. It runs fine from SciTE in production or Beta versions but crashes at the first line which uses _IENavigate when it is compiled in production or beta versions. So far it seems to work ok if I do not use UPX compression.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Make sure the obfuscator is disabled, disable UPX and try changing it to ANSI for testing.

That executable you uploaded crashed on my computer.

Yes, I also did run that exe on another PC and it crashed. I've tried what you've mention and and ticked and un-tick various radio button on the compile options and it still failed to work. But when I compiled the script on another PC it didn't crash. It seems as though my PC isn't allowing me to compile correctly. If there is any suggestion anyone could suggest I'd try, I'd appreciate it.

One other thing, on my previous post I said, 'None of the au3 scripts in the help file won't work when compiled to exe.' I meant all the ones I tried, none of the au3 scripts in the help file worked after compiled to exe.

Thanks for all the inputs.

I have the same problem with an embedded IE script. It runs fine from SciTE in production or Beta versions but crashes at the first line which uses _IENavigate when it is compiled in production or beta versions. So far it seems to work ok if I do not use UPX compression.

I think Dale and Jos have already worked on that. If I recall correctly, it was the use of Execute() in that function, which the documentation already says is not compatible with Obfuscator.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

I think Dale and Jos have already worked on that. If I recall correctly, it was the use of Execute() in that function, which the documentation already says is not compatible with Obfuscator.

We indeed have worked on a solution to allow ie.au3 to be Obfuscated.

In general I would recomment to always ensure that the script runs correctly without Obfuscating it and only then Obfuscate it when needed.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

??

I',m not using obfucation.

?? Exceute() isn't used in _IENavigate ist?

All the sites I have problems with stream audio so I suppose it might be a problem with IE or with the audio drivers. It seems the compiled version works on other PCs.

I don't think this is related to Froscape's original post so I'll keep out from now on.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I am trying to open a webpage and download an mp3 file (in this case just a file) and save it automatically. Here is the script.

CODE

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.shtml")

_IELoadWait($oIE)

Send("{TAB 16}") ;Presses +TAB 16 times

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("File Download")

Send("{TAB 4}") ;Presses TAB 4 times

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("Save")

Send("{ENTER}")

Instead, I get an error box after I compile and run the exe program using the full version of SciTE editor on win 2000. But if I compile to an a3x file it works fine. I also compile example scripts that came with Autoit v3 such as calculator.au3 and the compiled exe won't run. What is the normal way to compile them?

post-46358-1234921033_thumb.gif

Thanks

Question, in your attached photo, why would you block out the comments ; Presses tab Times and leave the coding there "{Tab 4}"
[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

NM my glasses are failing me - that's the cursor in the SCITE program.

lol - good point ReaImDown...

I would do like everyone else suggested and check every tab on your compile, making sure that the obfuscator tab doesn't have the run box checked.

Edited by Ealric

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

??

I',m not using obfucation.

?? Exceute() isn't used in _IENavigate ist?

All the sites I have problems with stream audio so I suppose it might be a problem with IE or with the audio drivers. It seems the compiled version works on other PCs.

I don't think this is related to Froscape's original post so I'll keep out from now on.

You made me stop trusting to the swiss-cheese brain and search for the topic: Obfuscator IE Error

The use of Execute() was in _IEFormElementRadioSelect().

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You made me stop trusting to the swiss-cheese brain and search for the topic: Obfuscator IE Error

The use of Execute() was in _IEFormElementRadioSelect().

Ah I see. But that was more than a week ago, no wonder it was difficult to remember :)

I forgot I said I was going to keep out of this thread and that was only a few minutes ago!

• 2 years later...

Posting a follow up here. It turns out my PC was infected with a spyware and I did not have an antivirus, but I do now. The antivirus wasn't able to clean the PC so the PC had to be formatted. Everything is back to normal. Thanks and apologies to anyone that is inconvenient by this.