SRE Help

davezub

So I'm trying to use SRE and I'm not getting too far. Here is the line of text:

233 GB Total 42.99 GB (18%) Free 24% Fragmented (49% file fragmentation)

I want to grab just the % amounts. So I grab a copy of SRE tester, read the Autoit help, google some examples, smack my head, etc.. So I found if I use (\d\d%) with global matches it pulls all three amounts. However, in testing I noticed that if the % amount is a single digit (e.g., 8%) its does not work. So I'm wondering can SRE be used to conditionally find the % amounts. I'm writing a script to obtain the fragmentation amounts for a drive to place into LANDesk.

Thanks.

So I'm trying to use SRE and I'm not getting too far. Here is the line of text:

233 GB Total 42.99 GB (18%) Free 24% Fragmented (49% file fragmentation)

I want to grab just the % amounts. So I grab a copy of SRE tester, read the Autoit help, google some examples, smack my head, etc.. So I found if I use (\d\d%) with global matches it pulls all three amounts. However, in testing I noticed that if the % amount is a single digit (e.g., 8%) its does not work. So I'm wondering can SRE be used to conditionally find the % amounts. I'm writing a script to obtain the fragmentation amounts for a drive to place into LANDesk.

Thanks.

Like this?

$string = "233 GB Total 42.99 GB (18%) Free 24% Fragmented (49% file fragmentation)"
If StringRegExp ($string, "[0-9]{1,2}%", 0) Then
    $RegExp = StringRegExp ($string, "([0-9]{1,2})(?:%)", 3)
    For $x = 0 to UBound($RegExp)-1
        MsgBox (0, "", $RegExp[$x])
    Next
EndIf

Bear in mind that with Regular Expressions there's usually at least 3 different ways to do something, but this one seems to work well enough for what you want to do.

Like this?

$string = "233 GB Total 42.99 GB (18%) Free 24% Fragmented (49% file fragmentation)"
If StringRegExp ($string, "[0-9]{1,2}%", 0) Then
    $RegExp = StringRegExp ($string, "([0-9]{1,2})(?:%)", 3)
    For $x = 0 to UBound($RegExp)-1
        MsgBox (0, "", $RegExp[$x])
    Next
EndIf

Bear in mind that with Regular Expressions there's usually at least 3 different ways to do something, but this one seems to work well enough for what you want to do.

Like you said, there are many ways. I prefer to run the SRE once and just test for @error:
#include <Array.au3>

$RegExp = StringRegExp ($string, "(\d+)(?:%)", 3)
If Not @error Then _ArrayDisplay($RegExp, "Results")

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law