How to embed a variable in a function name/hotkeyset

I'm trying to make a script that lets the user enter a range of integer values, and for those values, it does something like this:

;the user entered these values
$min=32
$max=56

for i=$min to $i<=$max

func testfunc$i()

send("$i");

endfunc

hotkeyset("{ASC $i}","testfunc$i")

next

Basically it sets a hotkey with that ascii value and creates a function with that in the name. Obviously the real one with do more than this. Can this be done? I want it so that after the loop, if someone presses something like space, it ill call testfunc32().

Edited by sharrakor

I'm trying to make a script that lets the user enter a range of integer values, and for those values, it does something like this:

;the user entered these values
$min=32
$max=56

for i=$min to $i<=$max

func testfunc$i()

send("$i");

endfunc

hotkeyset("{ASC $i}","testfunc$i")

next

Basically it sets a hotkey with that ascii value and creates a function with that in the name. Obviously the real one with do more than this. Can this be done? I want it so that after the loop, if someone presses something like space, it ill call testfunc32().

You would use Call() to call a function by string value.

Also, your For loop iteration is not in AutoIt syntax. It should be:

For $i = $min To $max

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I'm used to C from my classes (mixed the two together), which have given me little time for Autoit. But what I'm interested in doing is initializing a hotkey value and a function within a for loop. Can this be done?

Edited by sharrakor

I'm used to C from my classes (mixed the two together), which have given me little time for Autoit. But what I'm interested in doing is initializing a hotkey value and a function within a for loop. Can this be done?

I missed that you were even trying that.

No, you cannot declare functions in a loop or inside any conditional structure (If/EndIf).

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Alright, what about the hotkey thing then? Can I do something like:

for $i=32 to 56

hotkeyset("{ASC $i}","function5")

next

How can I do that? Thanks for the help btw.

That would be:
HotKeySet(Chr($i), "Function5")