Cracking **** asterix passwords

buzz44

a couple years back i had a very powerful tool which could do many things .. disable anything with window by a click of a button etc. but it could crack astericks passwords which came in useful ..

say you have a dialup connection. and it requires a password and youve told it to save it

so when u click connect or wateva the password comes up .. wih this tool i was able to click on the password box which contained the password "********" and it would conver/change it to the actual letters/numbers and would display "Password" just for an example . which came in useful cause i forgot my password once and i used it to regain it =) .... i was wondering if autoit would be able to perform such as operation as this .?

qq

Well put your mouse over the thing, if it spits anything back to the Info tool, then you can.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

In later versions it's called 'Info Tool' :lmao:

But that's what I meant.

So, no, you can't use it.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

You could try to use the 'game.dll' and ReadProcessMemory, it's somewhere in the dev section 'Peek and Poke' is the title.

that was a security flaw, you probably have windows Xp right? because i dont think Xp has this anymore, but if it wasnt fix, it would be easy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, Windows used to store the passwords directly in the textbox, but 2000/XP changed that....

Recovery still might be possible with a program such as http://www.snapfiles.com/get/asteriskkey.html

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Yeah, Windows used to store the passwords directly in the textbox, but 2000/XP changed that....

Recovery still might be possible with a program such as http://www.snapfiles.com/get/asteriskkey.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know you can't just "copy/paste" but maybe controlenable for the "edit" on a right click in a highlighted password field may allow it to be stuffed into the clipboard.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

yes cyber slug i found that program last night .. and it worked .. i tested it with an autoit text box and it worked ,, except in the trial version you can only veiw the first 3 letters

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ouch, thats sort of dumb for a trial version, dont ya think! :lmao: lol
FootbaG