Include and Splash Jpg?

:huh2: I've got a simple script, am not using a GUI, and I want to include a jpg file ^_^ with my script when it gets compiled. Then I'd like to splash the included jpg when I execute the compiled file. Is all of that possible?

I've checked the various help files, both the one included on this website and the one included with v3.3.0.0, as well as a number of posts, but after several hours, I still can't seem to pull it all together. Maybe I'm just dumb? :) I would think this would be a common task -- inserting a jpg file into a compiled script and then showing it at some point (without using a GUI), but there doesn't seem to be example code out there for something like this. Any ideas? I'd love some help with this. :)

Many thanks!

~ James

:huh2: I've got a simple script, am not using a GUI, and I want to include a jpg file ^_^ with my script when it gets compiled. Then I'd like to splash the included jpg when I execute the compiled file. Is all of that possible?

I've checked the various help files, both the one included on this website and the one included with v3.3.0.0, as well as a number of posts, but after several hours, I still can't seem to pull it all together. Maybe I'm just dumb? :) I would think this would be a common task -- inserting a jpg file into a compiled script and then showing it at some point (without using a GUI), but there doesn't seem to be example code out there for something like this. Any ideas? I'd love some help with this. :)

Many thanks!

~ James

FileInstall() & SplashImageOn()?

FileInstall() & SplashImageOn()?

:) No, I don't think that works. The SplashImageOn requires a "file path" but there is no separate file. I need to have the jpg actually containted within the compiled script, and then I need the script to be able to access that internalized jpg and splash it. But I don't see how that is possible... :)

The easiest way to achieve what you are looking for is FileInstall() and SplashImageOn() as Exodius stated. No-matter what files you access, they are extracted from the program to a specified path, weather it be memory, or on the HDD.

FileInstall("C:\image\cool.jpg",@AppdataDir & "\cool.jpg")

SplashImageOn("@app / cool.jpg") <--- you get the point

Another method, I use sometimes... Is to InetGet("URL","SAVE-DIR") and then call SIO() with the SAVE-DIR...

Here is a post that might be more useful... The files are kept in memory, and don't create directories...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51103

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

The easiest way to achieve what you are looking for is FileInstall() and SplashImageOn() as Exodius stated. No-matter what files you access, they are extracted from the program to a specified path, weather it be memory, or on the HDD.

FileInstall("C:\image\cool.jpg",@AppdataDir & "\cool.jpg")

SplashImageOn("@app / cool.jpg") <--- you get the point

Another method, I use sometimes... Is to InetGet("URL","SAVE-DIR") and then call SIO() with the SAVE-DIR...

Here is a post that might be more useful... The files are kept in memory, and don't create directories...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51103

Thanks for taking the time to write a response, Brother! Very intriguing. I'll definitely check out storing the file in memory. And thanks for the elaboration on FileInstall and SplashImageOn. My understanding is getting much clearer now.

I'll let you know if I have any other questions.

Thanks for your help! You rock! :)