I have problems with task manager

E1M1

I have very serious problem I my compiled script name is longer than 15 chars I cant see all the name at taskmanager and processclose() cant kill it.(when it is longer than 15 chars)

For example:

File name is:this_file_has_long_and_difficult_name.exe

I see at task manager:this_file_has_l

information collected from my posts

Maybe it's your Windows version whatsoever it'll be because on my Windows XP Pro SP2 I get much longer process names using the ProcessList() function and it returns the full names.

I use windows xp SP 2 porfessional

I also noticed that if I make exe file in C or C++ then I see full file name in task manager even if it is longer than 15 char.

2) I see in task manager file name that i used when i compiled my file,If i rename my autoit compiled file later and then run it, i still see old name

What does AutoIt see when you use ProcessList()?

I sees 1-st 15 chars from exe file name

What exactly is the question here?

If you want exact question then: Is it possible to make compiled autoit script with name that is longer that 15 chars and see full name in taskmanager

Works as expected here when doing your second scenario so there must be something with your setup/test.

Are you running from a Network share?

Jos

Not really but I am storing my files on Ext3 Filesystem under windows and i use http://www.fs-driver.org/

Edited by E1M1

edited

• Moderators

E1M1,

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I sees 1-st 15 chars from exe file name

If you want exact question then: Is it possible to make compiled autoit script with name that is longer that 15 chars and see full name in taskmanager Edited by E1M1

edited

Maybe it's your Windows version whatsoever it'll be because on my Windows XP Pro SP2 I get much longer process names using the ProcessList() function and it returns the full names.

I also noticed that if I make exe file in C or C++ then I see full file name in task manager even if it is longer than 15 char.

2) I see in task manager file name that i used when i compiled my file,If i rename my autoit compiled file later and then run it, i still see old name

Edited by E1M1

edited

Rename your compiled script then restart the computer. It should be correct when you run the compiled file again. Either you have more than one copy running or you have a cache problem with your XP.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

BTW the way to test this is

$Process = "My_App.exe"
$aProcess = ProcessList()
For $i = 1 to Ubound($aProcess)-1
    If StringInStr($aProcess[$i][0], $process) Then MsgBox(4096,"Found Item " & $i, $aProcess[$i][0])
Next

George

well If I use C compiled exe then I dont have to restart my computer,after rename i see right name in task manager.Only autoit compiled scripts have this problem

Did you test it like I showed? I'm not suggesting that you should restart every time, I'm just trying to start with a clean playing field.

George

Sorry for waiting..

Did you test it like I showed? I'm not suggesting that you should restart every time, I'm just trying to start with a clean playing field.

if my script name is My_App.au3 and I compile it then i can see MsgBox but if script name is other.au3 and i compile it to other.exe and then I rename it to My_App.exe ....I dont see any msgbox.

I can post screen video if needed...

edited

• Developers

Works as expected here when doing your second scenario so there must be something with your setup/test.

Are you running from a Network share?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Post a lot more information. After 14 posts and a couple of hours spent by both parties, trivial things are still unknown that should have been in your first post. We do our best answering questions, but guessing for the correct answer when the original question is unclear is very difficult.

1.) What is the name of the AutoIt script you can not see in Task Manager?

2.) What operating system are you running? ( WinXP / Vista, including 32-bit or 64-bit information)

3.) what is the service pack of the operating system you are running?

4.) Can you reproduce the script on another machine?

5.) What are the steps to reproduce this on our machines? What are the exact steps required to get the same results.

Please do your best to accurately answer each question, so that we may accurately answer your question. More information is better.

Edited by Manadar

Read again, he already stated that he is running Window XP Professional Service Pack 2 (not what xx-bit version though).

Please give a sample of your script.

You're right. So I can cross that one out, partially.. It still should have been in the first post. It's not our job to collect information of the person who asks the question, its the job of the person who asks the question to provide as much relevant information as possible.

That is my opinion.

1.) What is the name of the AutoIt script you can not see in Task Manager?

Posted Image

2.) What operating system are you running? ( WinXP / Vista, including 32-bit or 64-bit information) xp sp2 proffessionl

3.) what is the service pack of the operating system you are running? Sp2

4.) Can you reproduce the script on another machine?Paralells virtual machine

5.) What are the steps to reproduce this on our machines? What are the exact steps required to get the same results.

Try this here and let me know if you have same problem

15 chars is max length of file neme

Edited by E1M1

edited