Invisible commands

Is there a way to send commands/actions/inputs to a window that is open (but is unseen in the background because another window is maximized on top of it), without actually pulling up that background window and making it the window on top of the screen? If so, could you please lead me in the right direction? I'd be very grateful! :)

Thank you,

James

Controlsend

WinGetHandle

Actually, I'm trying to send arrow key commands to a flash player in the background, but when I run AutoIt Window Info, the class name, etc. for this is all blank!

So I'm not sure what to enter for the class part of the ControlSend function. I tried using "" and "Edit1" and "Button" and nothing seems to work...

Any ideas?

:)

:)

Does anyone know if we are allowed to post screen shots that identify the problem? I did so, and at first the jpg seemed to be in the system just fine, but it seems to have died overnight and become a broken link. If we aren't supposed to post them, then lesson learned. I won't do it again. If posting screen shots is permitted, then I think I might repost the screen shot, if that is okay. That way, others can learn more about the problem for the benefit of future users who may run into the same wall.

Posting screenshots is fine, great actually, as it helps us identify the problem. I think the place you used to host it died overnight.

One suggestion for this, though. If you need to post a couple of screenshots, don't put them in %7Boption%7D tags, but put then in tags.

Also, Flash windows do not have controls like regular windows do.

Edited by Manadar

James, you have been sent instructions earlier this morning about PMing multiple times to me after being asked more than once not to. I understand you eagerness to solve the issue. However, please follow the instructions that were sent to you. Thank you.

--------------------------------

Try this for a solution -

To solve your problem, create a GUI. Embed the flash object in it. Look for VollyViewer in my signature to see how to do this. Set the position of the GUI so that it is off the viewable screen. For example, set y for WindowMove to -3000 after making the GUI but BEFORE making it visible. Use MouseGetPos then MouseClick to click via x/y coordinates to click on the flash control but have the speed set to 0 so the mouse moves instantly then moves back to where it was. That way you can interact with it without causing too much of a problem. This will not allow you to interact with the control. It will however, allow you to interact with the window that the control is located in.

Try this for a solution -

To solve your problem, create a GUI. Embed the flash object in it. Look for VollyViewer in my signature to see how to do this. Set the position of the GUI so that it is off the viewable screen. For example, set y for WindowMove to -3000 after making the GUI but BEFORE making it visible. Use MouseGetPos then MouseClick to click via x/y coordinates to click on the flash control but have the speed set to 0 so the mouse moves instantly then moves back to where it was. That way you can interact with it without causing too much of a problem. This will not allow you to interact with the control. It will however, allow you to interact with the window that the control is located in.

This sounds like a very elegant solution, Volly, and you've explained it in excellent detail. I haven't gotten into GUIs yet, but this gives me a good opportunity to get my feet wet. I should be able to take it from here. The advice, in all respects, is hugely appreciated. Thank you.