[Closed] How to display the Time Left for a Movie being Watched?

Zohar

Hello

I am using a great Video Player application called "JetAudio",

(http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/jetaudio/info_screenshot_70.html)

and when I'm in FullScreen mode, I would like to make a way, to be able to see the Time Left for the movie being currently watched,

shown for several seconds, and then disappear.

The application does show it in a StatusTray, but it's awfully small,

and since I am using a Remote Control for the PC and watching the movie from a distance, it means that it's kinna hard to see the text they display on the StatusTray.

(also that statustray is not shown always, only when the mouse is close to the bottom of the screen..)

I know I can use FreeText to display Text on the screen,

but I need a way to get the TimeLeft, from the application.

On that StatusTray, it is not possible to get that data from it via ControlGetText() or something,

because it's not a regular control, but a graphic one.

Anyone has an idea how can I implement this?

If you have implemented this with any other video player, that can be helpful too,

since I might be able to use the same idea here, only with few changes specific to this app.

Thank you

Edited by Zohar

Hi Rishav

JetAudio is actually free..

most of the functionality is in the free version,

the stuff that is in the "Pro" version is not needed in most cases.

Regarding other free players,

which of them are good?

you haven't mentioned the most famous free video player - VLC(I think that's how it's called)..

I haven't tried it tho..

A lot of these players have other control interfaces that you can access as well. For example VLC has changed a bunch of stuff with the latest version and I can't access a lot of the info in its controls directly anymore. But I have been playing around and can get the same info from either the web or console interface. I think the console interface is faster as you don't need to wait for the a hidden instance of the web browser to load. I have not played much with making the VLC console hidden but I've done so with other apps so don't see any difficultly with VLC when I get around to it.

Same goes for Vuze (bittorent). they changed a bunch of stuff making some controls only active under certain conditions and worst yet the listview32 stuff will return number of entries but no longer returns the contents. But the Web interface to it returns all info as well as letting me control it fully.

The nice thing about autoit. There is always more then one way to do something.

Edited by cal

I normally recommend VLC. The newest one seems to be not be as sharp as the previous version. Nor does it open as fast. I'm not sure If I need to change some settings or what. I've not looked into it yet.

The reason I like it is that it does not install any codecs into your system. It does it all internally. Hence it can play pretty much anything out there and it does not change stuff on your system.

It just the one I'm used to. I'm sure there are lots of good free ones out there.