Professional Poker Robot Script

So I'm not sure how this post will be received (I know this forum is not a marketplace) but if someone out there is looking for what I have to offer, then perhaps it will have been worthwhile.

Basically, I spent ~2 years developing poker robot software entirely in AutoIT. Here's the basic framework:

The program consists of a core script which is responsible for table scraping, data storage, and hand/situation analysis. It is extremely efficient (works in real-time), does not rely on any third-party programs, and is easily configured for any/all poker rooms. This script is linked to a decision making engine. The decision making engine makes use of 4 elaborate databases (one for each stage of action: preflop, flop, turn, river) which store decision data in the form of probability triples (if you aren't familiar with probability triples, they essentially add a more human element to a poker robot making its actions less predictable). All of this is packaged into a user-friendly GUI which, upon being dealt a hand, displays an array of information related to the situation (hole card information, hand strength, probabilities, odds, position, opponents, and pot size, just to name a small few). When prompted for an action, the software synthesizes a vast array of variables into an algorithm that can be used to query the relevant database for a probability triple. The user can turn the software on autopilot, have it automatically select an action from the p.triple, and click that action at the table, OR the user can turn off autopilot, allowing the user to A: edit the probability triple and upload it to the database (thereby strengthening the software or customizing it to the user's liking), or B: bypass the software's decision and act independently. Basically, the program can keep getting stronger as you use it because you can constantly be tweaking it's database entries while in live play. The program also has the ability to run in 'stealth' mode so that it will remain invisible while running.

The following are the drawbacks:

1. I have not completed the action databases. In fact, I originally thought I would market this as a 'blank slate' type of program that a user could teach to play online poker however they liked - basically a way for an amateur to make their own custom robot with no coding experience.

2. Poker rooms periodically change their table design; while this is not a major drawback, this does require the user to update table-scraping definitions from time to time (generally every year or so). The process of updating these definitions takes less than an hour for anyone who has a basic understanding of the AutoIT language.

3. I have not read through all the terms of use of the various poker rooms, but I think it is no secret that most do not encourage the use of this sort of software.

To get to the point: a few years ago when I set out to create this program, if I had known that someone had already put together this elaborate package, I would have been more than willing to pay to get my hands on it in order to save myself a great deal of time in reaching my goal (like I said this is the result of ~2 years of work). No doubt there is honor (and of course some benefit in terms of self-sufficiency) in doing the whole thing from scratch on one's own, but it is also not clear how long these rooms will be around.

So, like I said, I am not posting to advertise a fully-functioning winning robot. What I do have is a package whose potential is only limited by the imagination and skill of the user. While I was very involved in the poker world (and poker robot world) for quite some time, I recently decided to switch gears and pursue a career in music (my original passion). Thus, I would rather not see all of my work go to waste. I am not sure exactly what it is all worth (nor do I know the best way to show it off), and I know the common attitude in these forums is one of openness and sharing...however I hope the community will understand that I simply invested too many hours into this software to simply give it away.

If what I just described intrigues anyone, either respond in this thread or better yet, email me at ridastock@gmail.com. I'd be interested in getting a sense of what someone would be willing to pay for the package I described, and if we are on the same wavelength, I am sure we can figure out a way to orchestrate some kind of viewing of the code before any financial transaction takes place.

To those who might respond to this thread declaring that it is deplorable to try to sell the work you have done in AutoIT, I respond in advance that this is how programs and programming languages gain traction in the marketplace. I have made donations to the developers of the AutoIT programming language, and am hopeful that they will continue to develop it as I found it to be a wonderful tool in my pursuit of this project.

Hope to hear from you-

GameTheory

(If this is posted in the wrong forum, I apologize and hope an admin can move it to its proper place).

Basically, I spent ~2 years developing poker robot software entirely in AutoIT.

; ...

The program consists of a core script... yada, yada, yada...

The decision making engine makes use of 4 elaborate databases (one for each stage of action: preflop, flop, turn, river) which store decision data in the form of probability triples...

When prompted for an action, the software synthesizes a vast array of variables into an algorithm that can be used to query the relevant database for a probability triple...

The following are the drawbacks:

1. I have not completed the action databases. In fact, I originally thought I would market this as a 'blank slate' type of program that a user could teach to play online poker however they liked - basically a way for an amateur to make their own custom robot with no coding experience.

; ...

...I am not posting to advertise a fully-functioning winning robot.

...I hope the community will understand that I simply invested too many hours into this software to simply give it away.

If what I just described intrigues anyone... I'd be interested in getting a sense of what someone would be willing to pay for the package I described...

I missed it. Where was the part about finding a trusted partner to help you get your poker winnings out of the Nigerian National Bank?

:):):lmao::bike::king::huh2:^_^

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Generally speaking, it's not deplorable to try and sell scripts/programs made in AutoIt. Actually the License explicitly grants you the right:

Commercial Use. You may use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for commercial purposes. You may sell for profit and freely distribute scripts and/or compiled scripts that were created with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

What is deplorable, is - as your first post, even though you've purportedly been working with AutoIt for 2 years - coming to the forums that you claim believe in "openness and sharing" and trying to peddle your incomplete tool, with your rambling sales pitch that does nothing but cast doubt and suspicion upon why, if you spent 2 years on this glorious script, that you'd quit it now when it's not even finished.

These forums are for the AutoIt community to interact with one another, asking for assistance, providing each other assistance, and generally being a group of people with something in common. When you see a forum here that says "Scripts for sale", you be sure to put this trash in there.

Lock Plz.

Maybe I'll just release my poker bot in AutoIt for free...

Yeah... and maybe pigs will fly, and hell will freeze over, and Valik will post a picture of himself wearing a pretty pink rainbow fun an friends dress. :)

No but seriously, while I would certainly find it interesting to see how a bot could play such a complex, situational, luck based game. Such information is Oh Exploitable, and should not be made publicly available.

Edit

Edited by Paulie

Yeah... and maybe pigs will fly, and hell will freeze over, and Valik will post a picture of himself wearing a pretty pink rainbow fun an friends dress. :)

Rats, it will take days to get that image out of my head now... :huh2:

No but seriously, while I would certainly find it interesting to see how a bot could play such a complex, situational, luck based game.

I assume you mean Manadar's bot, because the OP's is missing the only really functional part: The four "elaborate" action databases, which it turns out, are empty. :)

Such information is Oh Exploitable, and should not be made publiclly available.

Exploitable? What does that mean in this context?

^_^

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I assume you mean Manadar's bot, because the OP's is missing the only really functional part: The four "elaborate" action databases, which it turns out, are empty. :)

Indeed. Manadar undoubtably truly has a fully funtional poker bot.

Exploitable? What does that mean in this context?

:)

"Oh Exploitable" is technically a meme classification meaning that something can be modified in a way to benefit the "user"

Technically, it doesn't really apply in this context becuase it is meant to refer to memes, but a poker bot with source is exploitable, because while many people would use the source of the bot to learn and benefit, others would use it to cheat, and effectively steal money from others - thus exploiting the situation.

I'm on a restricted computer right now, but for more info on "Oh Exploitable!" and other memes, feel free to search Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Indeed. Manadar undoubtably truly has a fully funtional poker bot.

I did a lot of research on poker math before hand. It is based on the probability of winning alone based on the cards left to come, so it doesn't need to have a big database on what to do. In turn that leads to a lot less work and I was able to finish the bot in a few weeks. I have only used it for fun in online free-to-play games.

To build such a database as gametheory suggests, other professional companies have monitored the actions of professional players and their wins and losses. Basically, they would lock a few good players up in a room and see what works and what doesn't.

Edited by Manadar

So, like I said, I am not posting to advertise a fully-functioning winning robot. What I do have is a package whose potential is only limited by the imagination and skill of the user. While I was very involved in the poker world (and poker robot world) for quite some time, I recently decided to switch gears and pursue a career in music (my original passion). Thus, I would rather not see all of my work go to waste. I am not sure exactly what it is all worth (nor do I know the best way to show it off), and I know the common attitude in these forums is one of openness and sharing...however I hope the community will understand that I simply invested too many hours into this software to simply give it away.

MEEP!!! - MEEP!!! - MEEP!!! - MEEP!!! - MEEP!!! - MEEP!!!

"Logical Miscalculation Found!"

"Logical Miscalculation Found!"

My 5 Cents (part#1):

If the program would exist and work, he would not try to sell it.

My 5 Cents (part#2):

If the program would exist and work, there was no need to try selling it via a public.

My 5 Cents (part#3):

If the program would exist and work, and he tried to sell it to "certain parties", he would no longer be able to post here, because "certain parties" had greater interest in being the only "certain party" to be in possession of the code. :)

In result, let's get the :) some fish so he can get lost.

My 5 Cents (part#1):

If the program would exist and work, he would not try to sell it.

My 5 Cents (part#2):

If the program would exist and work, there was no need to try selling it via a public.

My 5 Cents (part#3):

If the program would exist and work, and he tried to sell it to "certain parties", he would no longer be able to post here, because "certain parties" had greater interest in being the only "certain party" to be in possession of the code. :huh2:

In result, let's get the :) some fish so he can get lost.

:bike:

Your post was not only rude, but also rather senseless.

In the part of the OP's post that you quoted, there is reference to the fact that the OP has worked to create at least part of a functional poker bot. Also the OP says that he has given up finishing it by himself, as he wishes to divert his focus to music.

It appears the point of the post was to offer the part of the not yet fully functional bot to someone who has the desire to complete it. However, he feels he has invested too much of his own time to give it away for free. To me, this makes sense. Albeit, I don't know of many here who would be willing to pay for incomplete code.

You however say (paraphrased):

My 5 Cents :

If the program would exist and work, he would not try to sell it... via a public [forum]... [as doing so could cause conflicting interests between] "certain parties"

:lmao:

To me, this makes no sense.

Are you trying to say that people shouldn't sell their working programs? You expect all people to just give away stuff they spent their time on? You are living in a fantasy world. And because the code is in AutoIt, and the point of the OP was to find someone to finish it, posting on a forum that represents the language makes perfect sense.

You could have brought light to your concern, regardless of how illogical it is, in a more civil way, and I wouldn't have made an issue of it. But I think you were unnecessarily rude.

So why don't you be more careful that you aren't being an :) yourself before you call someone an ^_^ . Otherwise, you become a :hypocrite: .