Application/Website saving tool

JReinn

Tool that can turn on chosen applications, or go to chosen websites, with the click of a button. (The user choses how many buttons there should be) (User configures himself (When user closes, it asks if it should save the config as an .ini file (Here is the problem, I don't know how to deal with the ini stuff)))

Else then .ini I could do myself, I believe, but I am sure my code would be TOTALLY messed up & Maybe also the How many buttons thing.

I could post it here afterwards, for a checking maybe.

If someone is going to post the WHOLE code here, please write comments explaining why the code is that way/what the code is used for, so I learn something from it - Thanks.

Please help, Thankies! :)

• Developers

If someone is going to post the WHOLE code here, please write comments explaining why the code is that way/what the code is used for, so I learn something from it - Thanks.

Sure... want fries with that too ?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

And ketchup!!!!!!

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I need someone to mow my lawn, take out the trash, wash the windows... You can do all that for me right?

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

...(When user closes, it asks if it should save the config as an .ini file (Here is the problem, I don't know how to deal with the ini stuff))

It sounds like you already have a handle on how to create input fields and buttons. My best suggestion to you is that you (at very least) get a layout started that begins to look like what your asking for...and then you could come back here and ask specific questions that help YOU complete your application.

As you may have guessed from the responses above...assuming that someone will write your whole application may be a bit presumptuous. While there are there are MANY talented programmers (myself not included) in these forums who could knock it out in minutes...not many are inclined to help at that level unless the requester has already attempted to help themself.

As suggested above...give it a try on your own...come back here and post your code...then ask a few questions to help you get going again. In the end, you'll feel a greater satisfaction knowing that you assisted in the process and hopefully learned something along the way.

Just my .02

-Mike

Okey First of all, I understand why you don't want to write the whole code, but atleast help meh with the ini thing will do...

I think I see the problem...

You are under the misconception that other people want to spend their time doing work for you. It must be nice to be so important.

I'll try to make a code myself, and MAYBE come back and ask for help to end it.

Whew, now that is a relief. For a while there I thought we would be deprived of your presence.

About the .ini thing... open the help file, go to the Index tab and type in "ini" you will find several built in function that will show you how to do it.

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]