right MouseClick....drastic drop in fps

gehenna

does anyone know how does the MouseClick function work?

im making a bot for a game and its working perfectly until recent. i made a sort of OCR for it (reading preset words, not letters) and it works pretty good. it looks around the screen, plays with windows, can pretty much do anything i want except, i cant use any of the items. it finds the items, no problem, its when i want to use them. I would right click on the item to use it. done by two MouseClick functions. one for the right click, and one, relative to that one, for the left click (use, from the drop down right click menu you get when right clicking on an item).

problem is when i try that i get "all items are busy" notice from the game.

also

the moment my script right clicks, the fps of the game drops drastically...it stays low until the right click menu closes...

has anyone got any ideas how these two could be connected?

Edited by gehenna

For an example with EVE-online bots please see here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27673

They have code available so maybe you want to investigate if they have used a workaround for this behavior or if this is an isolated issue.

i moved the script to a more powerful machine (4g of ram, top of the line graphics card, sweet cpu) and i still get the same problem, but the fps comes back in a few seconds. i removed the right click use item idea, and i just drag the items to the fitting screen. i don't get any fps drop this way... must be something to do with right click and eve...

weird thing is when i do it, nothing special happens. no fps drops. i though autoit simulated mouse click exactly as we would make them...

thank you for that link btw. it doesn't help as its a macro miner, and doesn't bother with fitting ships and so on, so not much actual clicking going on...but it gave me some nice pause and status ideas i intend to imitate :)

wow, that sounds fun!!!

Yeah. I have thought about bots and such a bit and concluded the only REAL way to make an undetectable system to bot at a game is to use two computers.

One computer is used to run the game on, draw to the screen, look for mouse input. Etcetera. This machine is a completely standard installation of your preferred OS and runs on a standard resolution like 1024x768. We shall call this computer1 for reference purposes.

The other computer is hooked up to computer1. It reads the monitor output from computer1, and based on that it gives computer1 input through the mouse and the keyboard. Maybe the memory on the other computer can be duplicated, with the read bus wired to the other computer, so you can memory read from the first computer.

You are basically a real human on a physical level, instead of a software level. Of course, there is the argument that the bot is not as random and not as intelligent and adaptive as a real human, but I think you could randomize it up to a point that it certainly seems that way to computer1.

But you may ignore this. I have crazy ideas like this on a daily basis.

Yeah. I have thought about bots and such a bit and concluded the only REAL way to make an undetectable system to bot at a game is to use two computers.

One computer is used to run the game on, draw to the screen, look for mouse input. Etcetera. This machine is a completely standard installation of your preferred OS and runs on a standard resolution like 1024x768. We shall call this computer1 for reference purposes.

The other computer is hooked up to computer1. It reads the monitor output from computer1, and based on that it gives computer1 input through the mouse and the keyboard. Maybe the memory on the other computer can be duplicated, with the read bus wired to the other computer, so you can memory read from the first computer.

You are basically a real human on a physical level, instead of a software level. Of course, there is the argument that the bot is not as random and not as intelligent and adaptive as a real human, but I think you could randomize it up to a point that it certainly seems that way to computer1.

But you may ignore this. I have crazy ideas like this on a daily basis.

wow! im thankfull i found this topic, iv had been thinking about this for some time, i get a kick out of circumventing the vavious ways game developers have found to stop people from botting and no matter what i seem to find a game that it cant be done on, my most frustrating one way Knight Online (they have since droped there defences), that game drove me nuts, i just wanted to send input!!! couldnt find a single way, so i thought up a simple method of creating a hardware solution, i havnt done it yet but its on my list!... all you would need it the cheapest IO card available, you want the most outputs available... then all you need to do is take the controller out of an old keyboard... use the plastic sheets inside that have the trace wires on it to figure out what lead on the contoller does what then the rest is simple... you could easily write an interface program in autoit and BAM bot all you want no matter what!

of corse this wont help with the mouse... except to maybe click it, but your problem might not be the clicking, it might be the movement... ive had that issue before, had to run a game in window mode so i could give explorer focus to move the mouse, then refocus the game to click... crazy stuff

id say less then $50 would get the job done if you count the keyboard

Edited by JohnMC

of corse this wont help with the mouse... except to maybe click it, but your problem might not be the clicking, it might be the movement... ive had that issue before, had to run a game in window mode so i could give explorer focus to move the mouse, then refocus the game to click... crazy stuff

Mice aren't too complicated once you realise they communicate with a computer using USB or PS/2 port. Same as a keyboard. You'd need an experimental (ment to experiment with) electronics board with 2 COM ports or optionally a combination of COM and USB ports, assuming the voltages are approximately the same.

Computer2 COM port > Experimental board > Computer1 PS/2 port

Something like that to direct input to the other computer.

And then there's still the issue of reading output straight from a VGA port. This is a bit over my head and should I ever want to make it I would need to study the standards for VGA and such in detail. It'll be a big and complicated project and I doubt you could stay under the limit of 50 dollars, even if you have a lot of experience in the field.

Mice aren't too complicated once you realise they communicate with a computer using USB or PS/2 port. Same as a keyboard. You'd need an experimental (ment to experiment with) electronics board with 2 COM ports or optionally a combination of COM and USB ports, assuming the voltages are approximately the same.

Computer2 COM port > Experimental board > Computer1 PS/2 port

Something like that to direct input to the other computer.

And then there's still the issue of reading output straight from a VGA port. This is a bit over my head and should I ever want to make it I would need to study the standards for VGA and such in detail. It'll be a big and complicated project and I doubt you could stay under the limit of 50 dollars, even if you have a lot of experience in the field.

if your made of money a hdmi capture card could work!

Of course it could work. But I just mean it wouldn't be under 50 dollar.

lol just imagine all the sweet characters we could bot then sell, we would soo totaly make back the thousands that a card probably cost

just to throw this out thier... ive never played EVE but i know its been around for a while... the graphics on the lowest setting might work inside the latest vmware with 3d acceleration enabled... ive done this and it works well... i just havnt figgured out how to you controlsend with vmware so i can leave it out of focus

Just for clarification. I have no absolutely no interest in making money using unfairly gained advantages over other players. I despise such money making schemes and I strongly recommend against doing it.

I realise that I have facilitated this in the past, but this has been solely out of being challenged by the anti-macro detection algorithms. Due to my curious nature, when someone tells me something can't be done I immediately go and try to do it.

In the end, botting has taught me a lot and I am considering a career in artificial intelligence because of it. I have no regrets.

Just for clarification. I have no absolutely no interest in making money using unfairly gained advantages over other players. I despise such money making schemes and I strongly recommend against doing it.

I realise that I have facilitated this in the past, but this has been solely out of being challenged by the anti-macro detection algorithms. Due to my curious nature, when someone tells me something can't be done I immediately go and try to do it.

In the end, botting has taught me a lot and I am considering a career in artificial intelligence because of it. I have no regrets.

you said it!... it was what first got me into programing, now im on my way to a career.. well not a bot so much but a scam >.< i know! but i was 16 and those D2 items werent dropping to the ground on thier own! omg sounds like a conversation i would have with my kids some day...

and to be extra crystal clear i was just joking... not a good idea to perform such an act... i joke because i know people do and i think its kinda pathetic.

all i have to say is: dont give into peer presure its not worth the threatning emails from users, isp and game desighners! drugs are bad too