AutoIt on Linux?

bo8ster

Hi all.

Big fan of AutoIt however my company wants to test web pages on a Linux system using Firefox as a browser. I see via here that I can't use the IE library and even if I could an exe will not run on linux.

Atm they are working wtih Java's Glassfish and Hudson and want to build in test automation. Selenium has been suggested but it looks to more of a capture/replay approach which i'm against - thus prefer AutoIt due to the control it gives you with object references.

I have search the forum for some stuff and am looking into a number of things but wanted to get some thoughts.

Suggestions thoughts? Anyone used Selenium here and can rate it?

Thanks

bo8ster

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

From the product description found everywhere including the homepage. My emphasis.

AutoIt is a freeware Windows automation language

If you are talking about running Firefox natively under Linux then you can not use AutoIt. If you are talking about running Firefox inside Wine then you can use AutoIt if there is an automation library written for Firefox (I think there is but I've never looked).

Thanks 4 that. I wasn't really looking to use AutoIt on Linux - that is expecting a bit much, I was looking for something like the IE library to run on Linux/Firefox.

After some searching I have found XUL (which does not seem that helpful) and Watir which does. I looked for something for FF and nothing except 4 Selenium.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]