@AutoitMainWin

mary

• Moderators

Hi !

as you know all compiled autoit scripts have a hiden main window with an edit control. is the a way to get handle of it ?

thanks

Why would you need it?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

why ?? Why not lol ...many reasons:

-Knowledge;

-use it to store same text...

-to communicate with other script...(better than registry, ini, TCP..etc)

How would you use the main autoit window (the hidden one) to communicate?

Don't get me wrong, it's trivial to get, and if you thought about it, you'd have it in no time. I just think the reasons you gave are pretty lame.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

How would you use the main autoit window (the hidden one) to communicate?

Don't get me wrong, it's trivial to get, and if you thought about it, you'd have it in no time. I just think the reasons you gave are pretty lame.

ok i get it. thanks !

i use the edit control to store some values (variables) and others script can read write there (more fast than registry our ini or tcp...) just as a shared memory but it is less complecate for me

$hWnd = _GetHwndFromPID(@AutoItPID)
Edited by mary

• Moderators

SmOke_N, I can't think of any reasons not to ever want the window handle. Care to elaborate?

I'm not speaking of the handle itself. I'm speaking of why you need the AutoIt hidden window handle specifically.

The idea of using it to intercommunicate doesn't seem like a reasonable request to me. Using SendMessage() to that window may have undesirable results.

It's much easier to use your own GUI that you can control for the situation IMHO.

• Moderators

I see. I'm just curious what can be done with the AutoIt window that normally people tend to avoid for a reason yet unknown.

Well, I know I've locked up a few apps messing with it in the past myself :).