Retrive file from URL

Mitt

I am trying to find out if AutoIt can retrieve a file text file from a URL and open it for reading. I am working on a project where I need to synchronize a workstations description field with its MAC address. What I would like to do is have a .txt file on a private Intranet server that can be loaded/opened and read line by line trying to match a MAC address and if successful write the value found for the description to the workstation.

I am trying to find out if AutoIt can retrieve a file text file from a URL and open it for reading. I am working on a project where I need to synchronize a workstations description field with its MAC address. What I would like to do is have a .txt file on a private Intranet server that can be loaded/opened and read line by line trying to match a MAC address and if successful write the value found for the description to the workstation.

InetGet ( "URL" [,"filename" [, reload [, background]]] )
[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

That should be relatively simple. Use InetGet(). Look in the helpfile to see its usage. Then you can use something like FileRead with a combination of things like StringCompare etc. Take a look around.

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.