Vista quick shutdown

Achilles

Vista has some sort of Quick shutdown options. When you click start, and then click the red power button it will shut down your computer in less than a few seconds. It saves the data, and the next time you press power, you're ready to go in less than 5 seconds. (At least on my machine.)

Is there a way to simulate this with the Shutdown() function? I've tried hibernating, and I'm afraid to try sleep because every freakin' time I've tried sleep, I've ended up having to A. take out a laptop's battery B. restart my computer 10 times C. waste half an hour of my life. I don't know, when the computer's asleep, there seems to be no way to wake it up.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Vista has some sort of Quick shutdown options. When you click start, and then click the red power button it will shut down your computer in less than a few seconds. It saves the data, and the next time you press power, you're ready to go in less than 5 seconds. (At least on my machine.)

Is there a way to simulate this with the Shutdown() function? I've tried hibernating, and I'm afraid to try sleep because every freakin' time I've tried sleep, I've ended up having to A. take out a laptop's battery B. restart my computer 10 times C. waste half an hour of my life. I don't know, when the computer's asleep, there seems to be no way to wake it up.

%SystemRoot%\System32\shutdown.exe /h

This one ?

%SystemRoot%\System32\shutdown.exe /h

This one ?

No... that ones shuts it down like what I'm talking about. But it still runs bios at startup... and then also has a "Resuming windows" phase.. When I turn on my computer, the first thing it loads is my desktop with everything exactly like it was last time I did the quick shutdown thing..
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Maybe you're referring to log-off?

Nope, the entire computer turns off, plus this is faster than logging off.

I know which one you are referring to. It's not in the AutoIt help file (Durrhh). Just can't figure out the name.

I know.. it's weird, when you press alt f4 on your desktop it isn't even one of the options... Unless it actually is sleep, I'll try sleep tomorrow.

Do you mean standby?

Hmm, I don't think so, I'll try it though just to be sure.