sleep in minutes?

Ashww

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been there for a while. And if I remember correctly it can't be fixed?

According to monoceres every call we do to Sleep() generates multiple internal calls, so it should be possible, right?

Edit: Here is the post I am referring to

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

According to monoceres every call we do to Sleep() generates multiple internal calls, so it should be possible, right?

Edit: Here is the post I am referring to

Well either way, the time it takes for the interrupt to start and end would add time anyway. Although you won't really notice 1 or 10 milliseconds.

• Developers

Did Jos just imply I am a "techie" :P

Either way and no matter whatever we do, it will always end up out of sync.

yep... but between double quotes .....

Seriously: Don't think there is any forced minimum time in AutoIt3, just the time it takes to process the Sleep(xyz) scriptline.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Dim $iInit, $TimeDiff[100]

For $i = 0 To 99
    $iInit = TimerInit()
    For $j = 0 To 273
        Sleep(0)
    Next
    $TimeDiff[$i] = TimerDiff($iInit)
Next

Dim $Avg = 0
For $i = 0 To 99
    ConsoleWrite('Timer Diff: ' & $TimeDiff[$i] & @LF)
    $Avg += $TimeDiff[$i]
Next

ConsoleWrite('Average: ' & $Avg/100 & @LF)

Not accurate but probably statistical results has to do something with it. ~the TimeDiff and TimeInit intervals but it's also machine depended and the minimum amount of time the resolution allows.

Since always.

A better alternative would be to call the native sleep api directly.

Script that does that.

Yeah you really hit the jackpot with that one, without _HighPrecisionSleep() I would never have been able to get acceptable speeds with Platformerious (a so far unrealeased platform-game)

yep... but between double quotes .....

Seriously: Don't think there is any forced minimum time in AutoIt3, just the time it takes to process the Sleep(xyz) scriptline.

Jos

Well I learned it from this forum, it was one of the devs or mods that said it, I will try to find it. Besides shouldn't then Sleep(0) also be around 10ms? Edited by AdmiralAlkex

• Developers

Yeah you really hit the jackpot with that one, without _HighPrecisionSleep() I would never have been able to get acceptable speeds with Platformerious (a so far unrealeased platform-game)

Well I learned it from this forum, it was one of the devs or mods that said it, I will try to find it. Besides shouldn't then Sleep(0) also be around 10ms?

Ok, let me check the details.

I know there is an implicit sleep(10) for GuiGetMsg(), but have to check to code to see if Sleep has a minimum of 10.

EDIT: Sleep(0) is treated differently.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)