automatize firefox session

mentosan

Hello guys!

Everytime I'm moving my laptop from another location to my home I must restart my wireless router in order to have access on the internet. Restarting the wireless router is quite easy: I'm typing in the browser (usually Firefox) the URL for the router's GUI: "http://192.168.123.254/" then in the menu I'm clicking the "Reboot" button. I have to wait maximum 10 secs. Thing is I want to automatize this process and I started a script for this. For the moment it will bring only the GUI menu. I don't know how to make it to simulate the pressing of reboot button.

#include <Process.au3>
$rc = _RunDos("start Http://192.168.123.254/")

Thank you in advance for your help !

Edited by mentosan

For me it looks complicated using functions for IE as long as I must view the source in html. Is there a way to do this for default browser ? (Firefox in my case)

The source is going to be the same in either case... I am not saying that the IE functions are not complicated... but it usually just takes a little time playing with the example in the help file for people to figure out. Not to mention that while I have heard rumors of a Firefox UDF I do not believe it has anywhere near the functionality the IE one does.

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

If you really want compare them, you should look at this page:

Comparison

Nice comparison, but I still prefer IE since it is installed on just about every computer that can run AutoIt.