Res Add Files

I would like to know how Res Add Files works in Scite4AUtoIt3?

I need to include a file in a program without FileInstall, is that possible?

Touch

[center][font="Arial"]If practise makes perfect and no-ones perfect whats the point of practise?[/font]Sorry for my rude attitude when I started here.[/center]

• Moderators

Touch,

Just add the directive at the top of your script. The file is added to RCDATA area of your compiled .exe - as I understand it AutoIt3Wrapper will only store this data type and will use the next numerical ID available:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add="full path of the file you want to add"

Because of this limitation I tend to use ResHacker to do it directly - then you can define the type of resource (e.g. rcdata, bitmap, sound, etc) and give it the name (either string or formatted integer) that you want:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=ResHacker.exe -add %out%, %out%, "file", type, name, 0

You might like to look at this thread where AutoIt3Wrapper's author explains the likely compile speed difference between the 2 methods. The thread is about .res files, but the same principles hold regardless of the type of file.

I take it you know of Zedna's Resources UDF to subsequently use the included resource? I cannot recommend it highly enough. You can find it here - but do read the thread carefully, you really do need to understand it before you can use it properly.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

Touch,

Just add the directive at the top of your script. The file is added to RCDATA area of your compiled .exe - as I understand it AutoIt3Wrapper will only store this data type and will use the next numerical ID available:

Yea, this is one of those things that needs to be picked up and changed if there is a real need for it.

The only purpose I saw in the beginning was to include multiple Icon and the source this way.

Not sure why the OP does't want to use FileInstall tho.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)