Trim Characters

Ok i have a problem i have a file like this

yfduÿxxfxxdfhjrkfhÿÿumHELLOÿgffdgdfÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

and i want to strip those last characters but these are random sometimes it are 10 sometimes it are 10000 and i want that the ÿ in the text stay there

Edited by jeantje

Dim $string = "yfduÿxxfxxdfhjrkfhÿÿumHELLOÿgffdgdfÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ"
Dim $search = "ÿ"

$strSplit = StringSplit($string, $search); Forgive me Jos;)
$newString = StringTrimRight($string, $strSplit[0])
ConsoleWrite($newString & @CRLF)

Better ways to do it though.

Here is a way, but I am a noob, so if you wait a few minutes I'm sure you'll get better answers =)

$string="yfduÿxxfxxdfhjrkfhÿÿumHELLOÿgffdgdfÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ"

While 1
    $StringRight = StringRight($string, 1)
    If $StringRight = "ÿ" Then 
        $string = StringTrimRight($string, 1)
    Else
        Exitloop
    EndIf
Wend

msgbox(0,"Test", "$string = " & $string)

Edit: It didn't even take a couple minutes =/

Edited by foster74

but the next problem is that it's a 64 mb nds rom and i want to strip of those characters and then write it back but if i use this

#include <String.au3>
#include <File.au3>

Dim $string = FileRead(@ScriptDir & "\1.nds")

$strSplit = StringSplit($string, "ÿ"))
$newString = StringTrimRight($string, $strSplit[0])
FileWrite(@ScriptDir & "\2.nds",$newString)oÝ÷ Ú+­«!zƧwbëaÊ'y«­¢+Ø¥¹±Õ±ÐíMÑÉ¥¹¹ÔÌÐì(¥¹±Õ±Ðí¥±¹ÔÌÐì(ÀÌØí!¹±ô¥±=Á¸ ÅÕ½ÐìĹ¹ÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐíÈÅÕ½Ðì¤(ÀÌØíMÑÉ¥¹ô¥±I ÀÌØí!¹±¤()]¡¥±Ä(ÀÌØíMÑÉ¥¹I¥¡ÐôMÑÉ¥¹I¥¡Ð ÀÌØíMÑÉ¥¹°Ä¤(%ÀÌØíMÑÉ¥¹I¥¡ÐôÅÕ½ÐïüÅÕ½ÐìQ¡¸(ÀÌØíÍÑÉ¥¹ôMÑÉ¥¹QÉ¥µI¥¡Ð ÀÌØíMÑÉ¥¹°Ä¤(±Í(á¥Ñ±½½À(¹%)]¹()¥±]É¥Ñ ÅÕ½Ðìȹ¹ÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíMÑÉ¥¹

uses way too high cpu and memory

Edited by jeantje

This should be faster;

$string="yfduÿxxfxxdfhjrkfhÿÿumHELLOÿgffdgdfÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ"
$StringReplace = StringReplace($string, "ÿ", "")
$StringRight = StringRight($StringReplace, 1)
$StringInStr = StringInStr($string, $StringRight, 0, -1)
$string = StringLeft($string, $StringInStr)
ConsoleWrite($string & @CRLF)

it only creates ANIMAL CROSSADMP01 from

ANIMAL CROSSADMP01                @       Xì      8  8ø ø  ; ×#   d,
           `X ø  ð% i]X
 X8     8ᨠ@                                                       $ÿ®Qi¢!=
ä  ­$À!£R¾ Î FJJø'1ìXÇè3ãοôßÎK ÁVÀr§üMs£ÊaX£'üv#Ça®V¿8 @§ýÿRþo0ñûÀ`Ö%©c¾N8âù¢4ÿ»>Dx Ë:eÀ|cð<¯Ö%ä8
¬r!ÔøVϹF

Is this better?

Faster Yet:

MsgBox (0, "", StringRegExpReplace($string, "ÿ{1,10000}\s|ÿ{1,10000}\z", ""))

#include <String.au3>
#include <File.au3>

$string = FileRead(@ScriptDir & "\1.nds")
FileWrite(@ScriptDir & "\2.nds",StringRegExpReplace($string, "ÿ{1,10000}\s|ÿ{1,10000}\z", ""))
*Edit - Changed to ÿ{1,10000}\s|ÿ{1,10000}\z Edited by exodius

Hey,

MsgBox (0, "", StringRegExpReplace($string, "ÿ{1,10000}\s", ""))oÝ÷ Ûú®¢×­+0Yg¢Ü(®FÞq«¬zØ^­è¬)iǶØ^zwm+,¥w
+'íçâéh¢K%G­ë-®)à{ayìZ^jëh×6#include <File.au3>

;~ $sString = FileRead(@ScriptDir & "\1.nds")
$sString = "yfduÿxxfxxdfhjrkfhÿÿumHELLOÿgffdgdfÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ"
$sString = StringRegExpReplace($sString, "ÿ+\s*\z", "")
;~ FileWrite(@ScriptDir & "\2.nds", $sString)
MsgBox (0, "Stripped trailing ÿ", $sString)

"ÿ+\s*\z"

ÿ+ to match one or more ÿ characters, \s* to match none or unlimited spaces, \z match at the end of the string

Edited by Robjong

Ah, fair enough, that's true for the MsgBox example, but it should actually work better for the second example of doing a Replace on the whole file.

When I ran it against that following, which I assumed would be representative of what his file would look like (that is, more than one line):

yfduÿxxfxxdfhjrkfhÿÿumHELLOÿgffdgdfÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

Here's what I get with:

MsgBox (0, "", StringRegExpReplace(ClipGet(), "ÿ+\s*\z", ""))

yfduÿxxfxxdfhjrkfhÿÿumHELLOÿgffdgdf

Here's what I get with:

MsgBox (0, "", StringRegExpReplace(ClipGet(), "ÿ{1,10000}\s|ÿ{1,10000}\z", ""))

(I did go ahead and modify it because without the \z or statement it was leaving off the last line.)

Edited by exodius