Closing one script from another

Hi All,

I have written a menu system in AutoIT which is used by the school I work at to access all the apps on the PCs. On one set of laptops we also have to run a special log-in process again written in AutoIt.

I need to be able to close the Menu System if the Log-In process runs. Can anyone offer me any ideas as to how this can be done?

I can modify the Menu System to watch for the Log-in process or the other way round. But I cannot find any way of setting this up.

Thanks in anticipation.

Use an ini-file. Close-down parameter is normally =false, set-up your menu-script that it regularly read that value (adlibe / timer) and if true it exits. Set the value to true with second script.

Use an ini-file. Close-down parameter is normally =false, set-up your menu-script that it regularly read that value (adlibe / timer) and if true it exits. Set the value to true with second script.

Thanks for the idea. However, is there any way of simply closing the menu script when the login script runs?

The way I understand what you are suggesting the menu system would have to be periodically checking for the ini file change. In it's current form, the menu system is simply waiting for you to choose and option. To check for the ini file change it would have to be periodically checking by running something say every 30 seconds from it's "waiting for imput" state. I will have a look into how I can implement that.

Thanks

Alan