Xp Windows Update using Browser

Hey this is my first post here, hello everybody, nice place, nice information here.

I search the entire forum for a reference in how can i write a script to open Internet Explorer 7, aswer the windows questions and press the buttons like "install now", "Express" and other that i can't acess with simple commands. I rather to do not use sleep commands, if possible. None of the examples that i saw here worked for that website.

Anyone here did it? Thanks.

Can I see the code you have tried so far so I can see what did not work?

Run("C:\Windows\system32\wupdmgr.exe")

WinWait("Microsoft Windows Update")

WinSetState("Microsoft Windows Update","",@SW_MAXIMIZE)

WinWaitActive("Internet Explorer - Aviso de Segurança","Deseja instalar este software?")

Send("!{I}")

Sleep("40000")

Send("{TAB 19} {SPACE}")

Sleep("50000")

Send("{SPACE}")

WinWaitActive("Internet Explorer")

Send("{SPACE}")

Sleep("10000")

Send("{SPACE}")

WinWaitActive("Instalando Atualizações")

Send("{SPACE}")

Sleep("85000")

Send("{SPACE}")

Sleep("40000")

Send("{SPACE}")

Sleep("30000")

Send("{TAB 3} {SPACE}")

Sleep("1500")

Send("{TAB 3} {SPACE}")

Please note it's a noob script. I made it using Sleep function but may not work if the internet speed drop down for some reason. I'm running Windows Xp SP3 brazilian portuguese with Internet Explorer 7.

Edited by huskie

The IE functions would be better suited for this. You will still have to account for unexpected prompts during the update process as well, since not every machine has the latest activex controls for Windows Update.

The IE functions would be better suited for this. You will still have to account for unexpected prompts during the update process as well, since not every machine has the latest activex controls for Windows Update.

I forgot to mencion it, this script is intended for a machine with a brand new installation (formatted), so it gonna be always the same windows. I cannot understand how to make it work in IE7, i tried the examples here but no commands seems to work. Could you help me?

Exactly!

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to set windows update on "Notify me but don't automatically download or install them"?? That would allow you to set what is to be downloaded and installed

Edit:here is a guide how

Edited by AdmiralAlkex