_WinAPI_ProcessListOWNER_WTS()

Manko

Hi, Cypher175!

I've done some changes... Look at first post!

/Manko

Yes i rush things! (I sorta do small bursts inbetween doing nothing.) Things I have rushed and reRushed:* ProDLLer - Process manager - Unload viri modules (dll) and moore...* _WinAPI_ProcessListOWNER_WTS() - Get Processes owner list...* _WinAPI_GetCommandLineFromPID() - Get commandline of target process...* _WinAPI_ThreadsnProcesses() Much info if expanded - optional Indented "Parent/Child"-style Processlist. Moore to come... eventually...

Manko, hows it goin! Hey - I just tested this, and a rewrite I did, on Vista x64. It turns out that anything in another Session # will not return Owner info unless Admin rights are given. Oh well, at least on earlier O/S's it seemed to work fine =\

Manko, hows it goin! Hey - I just tested this, and a rewrite I did, on Vista x64. It turns out that anything in another Session # will not return Owner info unless Admin rights are given. Oh well, at least on earlier O/S's it seemed to work fine =\

Ascend4nt: Friend! Glad to see you back! Was the rewrite to get admin rights? Or did you change those first dwords to something else? It's good to see you!

/Manko

Yes i rush things! (I sorta do small bursts inbetween doing nothing.) Things I have rushed and reRushed:* ProDLLer - Process manager - Unload viri modules (dll) and moore...* _WinAPI_ProcessListOWNER_WTS() - Get Processes owner list...* _WinAPI_GetCommandLineFromPID() - Get commandline of target process...* _WinAPI_ThreadsnProcesses() Much info if expanded - optional Indented "Parent/Child"-style Processlist. Moore to come... eventually...

Oh, the rewrite was to fit in with this big Process functions module I did (1500+ lines not including the 'undocumented' module), and I had an older version of your function so it was only very slight modifications - a different way to calculate offsets (you originally had a hardcoded #), plus filtering capability. The admin rights of course is something ya need to do at the top of the script or during compiling..

I've also experimented with creating a 'ProcessGetOwner' function for single processes, and it actually works on XP but for like 5% of processes on Vista+ it gives odd results. (Posted it -> here to see if anyone can help with it (and avoid hijacking Manko's thread))

*edit: Even more peculiar, the WTS list reports 2 fewer instances of 'dllhost.exe' on the Vista box I'm testing it on. Can't quite figure out why it would be missing those, but the counts are definitely off..

Edited by Ascend4nt

• 2 years later...

Check out "WTSEnumerateProcesses" API-call on MSDN. (First hit if you google it.)

You'll have to edit the function... Dunno if it's any good remotely... seems like it uses netbios...

/Manko

Edited by Manko

thanks Manko,

....too difficult for me to use the windows api...

I think I will use the dos command "tasklist" with the / s parameter (as suggested here: ) although this command, unlike your function requires administrative rights on the remote machine, but for my purpose can also be effective.

thank you again.

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

proposed fix (to check the actual StringLength):

#include <array.au3> ; Needed to display array in example.
#include <security.au3> ; Get OWNER from SID.

$tag_WTS_PROCESS_INFO = _
        "DWORD SessionId;" & _
        "DWORD ProcessId;" & _
        "PTR pProcessName;" & _
        "PTR pUserSid"

; ############ Example code #######################
MsgBox(0, "Process by name or number(PID)", "'Owner' of Explorer.exe is " & _ProcessListOWNER_WTS("Explorer.exe"))
$temp = _ProcessListOWNER_WTS()
$temp[0][0] = "Process"
$temp[0][1] = "ProcessId"
$temp[0][2] = "SessionId"
$temp[0][3] = "ProcessOWNER"
_ArrayDisplay($temp, "Process list with OWNER...")
; ###############################################

; ############ Here be func! ####################
Func _ProcessListOWNER_WTS($PID = 0)
    Local $i, $ret, $ret1, $mem
    $ret = DllCall("WTSApi32.dll", "int", "WTSEnumerateProcessesW", "int", 0, "int", 0, "int", 1, "ptr*", 0, "int*", 0)
    Local $array[$ret[5]][4]
    $mem = DllStructCreate($tag_WTS_PROCESS_INFO, $ret[4])
    For $i = 0 To $ret[5] - 1
        $mem = DllStructCreate($tag_WTS_PROCESS_INFO, $ret[4] + ($i * DllStructGetSize($mem)))
        ;if DllStructGetData($mem, "pProcessName") Then
        Local $pData = DllStructGetData($mem, "pProcessName")
        Local $iStringLen = _PtrStringLenW($pData)
        Local $pName = DllStructCreate("wchar[" & $iStringLen + 1 & "]", $pData)
        $array[$i][0] = DllStructGetData($pName, 1)
        ;EndIf
        $array[$i][1] = DllStructGetData($mem, "ProcessId")
        $array[$i][2] = DllStructGetData($mem, "SessionId")
        ;if DllStructGetData($mem, "pUserSid") Then
        $ret1 = _Security__LookupAccountSid(DllStructGetData($mem, "pUserSid"))
        If IsArray($ret1) Then $array[$i][3] = $ret1[0]
        ;EndIf
    Next

DllCall("WTSApi32.dll", "int", "WTSFreeMemory", "int", $ret[4])

If $PID Then
        If IsInt($PID) Then
            For $i = 0 To UBound($array, 1) - 1
                If $array[$i][1] = $PID Then
                    Return $array[$i][3]
                EndIf
            Next
        Else
            For $i = 0 To UBound($array, 1) - 1
                If $array[$i][0] = $PID Then
                    Return $array[$i][3]
                EndIf
            Next
        EndIf
    EndIf

Return $array
EndFunc   ;==>_ProcessListOWNER_WTS
;################################ END FUNC ##########################################

Func _PtrStringLenW($pString)
    Local $aCall = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "dword", "lstrlenW", "ptr", $pString)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Return $aCall[0]
EndFunc   ;==>_PtrStringLenW

Edited by francoiste