System Tray menus

Hello everyone,

I have tried different functions regarding the system tray.

So far I created menus that appear when you right click on the autoit script icon in the system tray.

What i'd like to do is that when your mouse is over a specific menu (not by clicking on it, just by having the mouse over that menu), a picture appears on a window, picture changes for each menu (i can do the picture stuff though).

I don't want the user to be forced to click on a system tray menu/sub-menu for the picture event to be triggered. I'd want it to be triggered just by bringing the mouse over the menu, without clicking on it.

I've looked over the different tray functions, but I can't find any that fits my needs. I'm still wondering how I would be able to code this, that is why I am seeking help here.

Thanks by advance for any help you could provide me,

Suu, aka Pollux on autoit.fr

PS: I'm french, so please disregard spelling mistakes :P

You could use mousegetpos(). I would also include @desktopwidth just to make sure it the position is relative to whatever resolution the user has their screen set to.

Hi,

Actually I've thought of this, but it's not that simple.

The icon is not always at the same place in your system tray, and menus could be considered a "box" (a rectangle) where the mouse can be anywhere inside that rectangle.

Posted Image

So you'll have to take into account each box range? There should be another solution :s

Suu