problem selecting an item in a drop down list

I'm trying to select an item in a drop down list in an existing (non-AutoIt) application. Using the AutoIt Info tool, I was able to get the information for the combo box and the items in the list.

I've tried to do it with the lines below. The "ShowDropDown" command works correctly - the list appears. But when I try to select an item in the list ("1280 x 720") with the second command nothing happens. The item in the list highlighted is the first in the list, not the 1280 x 720 and there is no selection of the 1280 x 720 item.

Can someone tell me how to select an item in the list.

Thanks,

Art

ControlCommand("Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile", "", "[CLASS:ComboBox;INSTANCE:7]", "ShowDropDown")

ControlCommand("Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile", "", "[CLASS:ComboLBox;INSTANCE:1]", "SelectString", '1280 x 720')

I'm trying to select an item in a drop down list in an existing (non-AutoIt) application. Using the AutoIt Info tool, I was able to get the information for the combo box and the items in the list.

I've tried to do it with the lines below. The "ShowDropDown" command works correctly - the list appears. But when I try to select an item in the list ("1280 x 720") with the second command nothing happens. The item in the list highlighted is the first in the list, not the 1280 x 720 and there is no selection of the 1280 x 720 item.

Can someone tell me how to select an item in the list.

Thanks,

Art

ControlCommand("Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile", "", "[CLASS:ComboBox;INSTANCE:7]", "ShowDropDown")

ControlCommand("Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile", "", "[CLASS:ComboLBox;INSTANCE:1]", "SelectString", '1280 x 720')

In the first you use "[CLASS:ComboBox;INSTANCE:7]", and in the second you use "[CLASS:ComboLBox;INSTANCE:1]"... why?

:P

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

In the first you use "[CLASS:ComboBox;INSTANCE:7]", and in the second you use "[CLASS:ComboLBox;INSTANCE:1]"... why?

Originally, when I placed the AutoIt Info tool over the control before it is clicked, the tool says it's a ComboBox. When I click on the control and the list drops down, if I put the Info tool over the 1280 x 720 selection, the tool says it's ComboLBox. I changed the first ControlCommand to ComboLBox Instance 1, the control never gets clicked and the list doesn't drop down. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Art

Originally, when I placed the AutoIt Info tool over the control before it is clicked, the tool says it's a ComboBox. When I click on the control and the list drops down, if I put the Info tool over the 1280 x 720 selection, the tool says it's ComboLBox. I changed the first ControlCommand to ComboLBox Instance 1, the control never gets clicked and the list doesn't drop down. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Art

Did you try the other way around?
ControlCommand("Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile", "", "[CLASS:ComboBox;INSTANCE:7]", "SelectString", '1280 x 720')

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Did you try the other way around?

ControlCommand("Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile", "", "[CLASS:ComboBox;INSTANCE:7]", "SelectString", '1280 x 720')

This single line doesn't work:

However, these two lines do work:

ControlSend("Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile", "", "[CLASS:ComboBox;INSTANCE:7]", "1280 x 720")

So, in the interest of time, I'm done with this issue.

Thanks again,

Art