Compile script error in windows 7 32bit

• Developers

Why are you creating both a TRAC ticket and post a topic here?

The Bug report will be closed with the simple comment that we are not supporting Windows 7.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Try opening Scite with Administrative Privs... I've received that error before... But it only done it to me when I was compiling to a Networked Drive, it appeared to me to be a Network Bug, this doesn't look to be the same in your case, but the Admin Privs is worth a try?

I'm also running Win7 32bit Build 7000, what build are you running? Chris86?

Jos:

With all due respect, I'm not that familiar with the TRAC system, no offense intended for my reply here... :D

Although if you prefer, I would happily learn quickly!! :P

P.S. After fiddling with the TRAC thing for a second, it looks as if the bug is 'closed' anyway... :unsure:

Edited by BinaryBrother

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

• Developers

Jos:

With all due respect, I'm not that familiar with the TRAC system, no offense intended for my reply here... :D

Although if you prefer, I would happily learn quickly!! :P

P.S. After fiddling with the TRAC thing for a second, it looks as if the bug is 'closed' anyway... :unsure:

Thought I did mention that I would close it :D

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

You sure you didn't sneak an Edit in there Jos? I could have swore that wasn't there a couple seconds ago... :P lol

Anyway, Windows 7 is built on a similar architecture to Vista, as a matter of fact, Microsoft used the Vista kernel to begin production on Win7, although it was significantly modified, for the good :D, it's few remaining faults can be fixed in the same fashion you would fix a Vista issue. As I've found over, and over, and over, and over... lol

Not trying to hijack the topic with Win7 stuff, but I as a... Well... I hate to say Developer with Jos standing over my shoulder, lol... But as someone who builds software on a regular basis, AutoIt or not... I find it quite simple to work around Win7 issues, in most cases the issues can be fixed by simple modifications of your code a bit... I've personally found Windows 7 to benchmark better in every scenario, so I'm sticking with it for a while... :D

As far as the UPX issue is concerned, that really seems like permission problems, rather than strictly a Windows 7 bug. I've been using Windows 7 since build 6801, and have had AutoIt going the entire time, the only problems I ran into were occasional permission problems, until Build 7000 and later, as well as Network Compile issues. (Which I resolved by deleting the original, then compiling), although the Network bug did appear in builds after 6801, they were hit and miss, and are easy to work-around until a final version of Win7 is released. In relation to the compile error Chris86 is encountering, in my personal experience it appeared that Scite didn't have the proper permissions, I know that UPX, as well as the AutoIt compiler themselves are separate programs, but permissions are delegated from the master program to all spawns... In other words, if Scite has Admin privileges, so will any program Scite is commanded to use, (As far as I know). So try setting Scite to 'Run as Admin', and if that doesn't work, try setting the AutoIt compiler and UPX to 'Run as Admin' as well, and if all else fails, delete the originals and "save/compile" again.

P.S. I did just notice that your saving/compiling to Desktop... of all places the Desktop should have the most soft-hearted permissions on your machine, so I could be completely and utterly wrong... But the above is worth a 'try' until someone more experienced takes interest. :unsure:

Edited by BinaryBrother

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

• 4 weeks later...