Run AutoIt automatically everyday

Compile your script and schedule it with the windows scheduler ?

Jos

Tried to use Scheduled Tasks to schedule my script but it failed to initiate automatically. What else should I do?

Thanks again.

• Developers

Tried to use Scheduled Tasks to schedule my script but it failed to initiate automatically. What else should I do?

Thanks again.

Find out why it fails by adding some logging to a file?

What is the script supposed to do?

Post the code here so it can be checked?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Find out why it fails by adding some logging to a file?

What is the script supposed to do?

Post the code here so it can be checked?

I set up a very simple trial script to open a file in one of my folders. Go to my log and find the following:

"trial3.job" (trial3.au3) 8/3/2009 4:38:00 ** ERROR **

The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed, therefore, the task did not run.

The specific error is:

0x8007052f: Logon failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been enforced.

Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again."

I did not set up password for the scheduler, is it the reason?

Thanks.

• Developers

I set up a very simple trial script to open a file in one of my folders. Go to my log and find the following:

"trial3.job" (trial3.au3) 8/3/2009 4:38:00 ** ERROR **

The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed, therefore, the task did not run.

The specific error is:

0x8007052f: Logon failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been enforced.

Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again."

I did not set up password for the scheduler, is it the reason?

Thanks.

The scheduler is runnig the task in the background and you need to provide an existing Username en Password which is used by the task.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The scheduler is runnig the task in the background and you need to provide an existing Username en Password which is used by the task.

Jos

Which username should I use? The one filled up automatically as the administrator? I had not assigned a password to start up my computer before and that's why I left it blank. But when I assigned one randomly, it does now allow me to set up the schedule.

Thanks.

• Developers

Which username should I use? The one filled up automatically as the administrator? I had not assigned a password to start up my computer before and that's why I left it blank. But when I assigned one randomly, it does now allow me to set up the schedule.

Thanks.

Assign one randomly? :P

It is really simple: Create an account in the PC with enough rights and assign a password to it. Use this UserId and Password to schedule the Script.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Assign one randomly? :P

It is really simple: Create an account in the PC with enough rights and assign a password to it. Use this UserId and Password to schedule the Script.

Jos

I create a password to my account and the script run smoothly. Thanks so much for your help.

By the way why a password is so essential for the scheduler to run?

• Developers

I create a password to my account and the script run smoothly. Thanks so much for your help.

By the way why a password is so essential for the scheduler to run?

Basic security practices applied by Microsoft?

You should never create an account without a password and allow it to schedule a task or access the PC via the network..... would be kinda risky don't you think?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.