Disable CD autoplay and driver signing

hi

Does anybody know how to disable CD autoplay and driver signing in Windows using AutoIt?

Thanks,

Raj

RegWrite()

Should take about 0.002 seconds to get 100K hits or so on Google for which registry entries to change...

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

hi!

I tried the following in Win XP, but it doesn't seem to work:

;;Disable Driver signing

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Driver Signing", "Policy", "REG_BINARY", "0x00")

Could somebody tell me whats the most reliable way to do this. I want this to work on most flavors of Windows(2003,XP,Vista).

Thanks,

Raj

hi!

I tried the following in Win XP, but it doesn't seem to work:

;;Disable Driver signing

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Driver Signing", "Policy", "REG_BINARY", "0x00")

Could somebody tell me whats the most reliable way to do this. I want this to work on most flavors of Windows(2003,XP,Vista).

Thanks,

Raj

I used to do that by reg hack in Win2K Server, but it seems you can't anymore: KB298503

In the versions of Microsoft Windows listed at the beginning of this article, programmatic modification of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Driver Signing registry key cannot be used to bypass the warning prompt that is initiated when an unsigned driver is installed on the computer.

This behavior is by design. The prompt cannot be disabled because its purpose is to prevent operating system instability. All the manufacturers who provide Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 drivers are encouraged to have their drivers signed. In the past, manufacturers could bypass this requirement by incorporating a registry change to the Driver Signing key that prevented the prompt and allowed an unsigned driver to be installed without the user knowing that the driver was unsigned.

Now you have to do it by policy in a domain, or by My Computer\Properties\Hardware GUI if not in a domain.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I used to do that by reg hack in Win2K Server, but it seems you can't anymore: KB298503

Now you have to do it by policy in a domain, or by My Computer\Properties\Hardware GUI if not in a domain.

Thanks. I tried the following by cyberslug and it seems to work(I may have to tweak it for Vista or use the bcdedit option):

CODE
$title = "System Properties"

Run("control.exe sysdm.cpl")

WinWait($title)

ControlCommand($title, "", "SysTabControl321", "TabRight", "")

ControlCommand($title, "", "SysTabControl321", "TabRight", "")

ControlClick($title, "", "Driver &Signing")

ControlClick("Driver Signing Options", "", "&Ignore - Install the software anyway and don't ask for my approval")

ControlClick("Driver Signing Options", "", "OK")

ControlClick($title, "", "OK")

Raj