Command Line Redirect Input - file

I failed to insert new record to MySQL database thru command line:

RUN("C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\mysql.exe --user=root -- password=root_pwd < c:\new_rec.sql")

If I remove use this one:

RUN("C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\mysql.exe --user=root -- password=root_pwd")

I could get the MySQL console prompt and it seem the redirect "< c:\new_rec.sql" having problem. Any idea how to solve it? Thanks!

Try it in a normal dos window first so make sure the command works.

Edited by bo8ster

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Try

Run("mysql.exe --user=root -- password=root_pwd < c:\new_rec.sql", "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin")

The spaces in the path might be causing issues.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

No luck under:

Run("mysql.exe --user=root -- password=root_pwd < c:\new_rec.sql", "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin")

or

Run("mysql.exe --user=root -- password=root_pwd < c:\new_rec.sql", "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\")

Ok

Put "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin" on the path so when you type mysql --version in a cmd window it works.

Then try this

Run(@ComSpec & " /c mysql.exe --user=root -- password=root_pwd < new_rec.sql", "c:\")

Hope that works :P

Edited by bo8ster

Quick question, is the space required between the -- and password? This should be --password instead of -- password like you have for user?

You may also need to specify the database to which the sql file is to be applied on.

I'm sorry mate, i'm starting to run out of ideas. I hate it when code should work, but does not. I just know its something small. I don't have mysql to test out on either.

I would look to a MVP for a solution -- they are good with this type of stuff.

Anyone got any ideas?

Try this, I had a similar problem.

Run(@ComSpec & " mysql.exe --user=root -- password=root_pwd < new_rec.sql", "c:\")

If not that, then perhaps this.

Run("mysql.exe --user=root -- password=root_pwd < new_rec.sql", "c:\")

And if not that then I will look more when I have time to test.

What? You're adding a space after the "--" and before "password".

This should also work (in Debian that works, not too sure about Windows though - should be no different):

mysql -uroot -proot_pwd < new_rec.sql

I see your point but this is not Debin, it is windows. amuskie says it works in a cmd window with spaces so it should work with spaces in AutoIt.